Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh, To Be A Kid Again

Ascension of ChristImage via WikipediaGood Evening to All!

First, I would like to say that I am in one of the most....I don't know whether to call it humbled or sentimental moods than I've been in for a long time. Tonight at church, a young man of 25 years old officiated in our service. He has had no experience at this at all, but gave one of the most touching messages I have heard. It was a simple message, the kind that you don't have to sit and ponder each point made, and yet it was one of those that touched you way down deep in your spirit, about the "Comforter" and what He meant to him. At the end of his message, he sung a song, that I think had everyone choked up, including him while he was singing. It was an awesome service and I will remember it for a long time.

When I started reading some of your Blogs, I couldn't help noticing a lot of the similarities y'all are going through that I have already gone through before. I'm telling you, you touched my heart. I know if you could print out the "comment" I wrote on some, I would probably take at least a full page or close to it. When I feel passionate about something as I did on your stories, I can't help but let my feelings pour out. Although, sometimes there is a down-side to my passion. Unfortunately, when my passion is fueled by the negative, I tend to get on my soapbox, and it would probably take a bulldozer to knock me off.

Oh, to be a kid again! This is the "Southern Belle" Riverboat that my hubby and I rode down the Tennessee River while in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We spent four glorious days there and had a blast.

The picture beneath this one is of the Lookout Mountain Incline looking down from the observation deck. By the time we got close to the top, we were at an 86% grade. It is hoisted up the mountain by a huge hydraulic wench. Talk about a rush! It was a blast. I've been on amusement rides before, but this was definitely a bigger thrill than any I've been on. .

We also went to the Tennessee Aquarium, which is suppose to be one of the largest in the world. It is a huge three story building full aquatic animals and fish.
Can you find the seahorses in the picture below? I know this end one is a little dark but it's a sea tortoise.

We took over one hundred and sixty pictures between the two of us. Of course that includes all of the shots we took in Nashville of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Studio B. I have to admit that I enjoyed Chattanooga much more. I'll put up the pictures of Nashville at a later date. I hope you enjoyed these pictures. I have plenty more where these came from, but as I have spent so much time trying to get use to the image uploader and such, I feel that I had better call it a night (5:00am) and get some shut-eye so I start over again in a few hours. Don't know what I'm gonna be like a "Curves" in 4 hours! Oh well, y'all are worth it!

PJ


No comments: