Saturday, October 31, 2009

Intercession for Children and their Families

Children in a doorway in JerusalemImage via Wikipedia

Good Evening Everyone!

I was planning to start out tonight with a reiteration of the above scripture in the Amplified Version, but when I turned to it and started reading, my eyes fell upon the verse above it,
I Peter 5:7. This verse seems more appropriate for what I would like to speak on for a little bit.

It reads: Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

At the end of this verse the verse it refers back to is Psalm 55:22, which says Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).

It is talking about ALL CARES, but I have a specific thing in mind for tonight.

I have been getting quite a few requests for additions to my Prayer Line recently, and also have been referred to other blogs in which there are precious children's health at stake.

Now I will appeal to you. Please take a look at my Prayer Line on the sidebar and say a little prayer for these precious people in need of our prayers. If you do have time for mentioning each one a "blanket prayer for healing and intervention would be welcomed and just as suredly heard. (I'm not sure that's a word, but what I mean is whether you say a prayer for each person, or a prayer for the "group" of people God will hear them and will act on them the same.

If you will take a look on the left side down a little ways, you will see a button which says Prayers for Stellan. Please click that button and read his story.

Also, The Phillips Family, (that's the name of their blog.) it is listed like that but I don't have the web address for it. The boys' names are Jaycen and Nathan. They are about 4 months old and are having a lot of health issues and are having to stay in the hospital. I wish I could tell you their blog address, but I couldn't find it. I looked up The Phillips Family on the web, but couldn't find a web address for them. It is a blue blog with white polka dots. At this point please just keep Jaycen and Nathan and their family in your prayers. I will try and get a blog address and let you know what it is.

There are just so many baby's with critical health issues that it's overwhelming. I cannot imagine the pain, worry and stress these families are going through, so all I can do is offer myself for continuous intercessory prayer. I could quote scripture and remind you that "worry is not of God", that we are not suppose to worry, but to cast all our cares upon Him, but I also have enough common sense to know that when it is "your" child that is going through this, it's a different story. All I can say is "Keep the Faith" one day at a time, and God will see you through "one day at a time." Also, keep in mind all of the prayers going up for each and every family with children in need. I know God hears all prayers. I also believe there is strength in numbers, so as prayers go up, the glory and blessings rain down upon each and every child and family being prayed for. I thank you for your time spent in prayer for these precious children and their families.

I wish I knew how to turn my comments off for this post. I have seen others do it, but I'm not sure. I would like for you to spend the few minutes that you would spend typing a comment on prayer for these children and their families. As I said, I know of Stellan, Jaycen, and Nathan, Seth, and many others which unfortunately I cannot remember all of their names, but please send up prayers for healing and strength.

Good night all and May God Bless!

PJ

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

hey PJ I will be checking about Liz's family today. And call me Monday about the cans. Busy weekend for me with the Family Reunion today.