Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Bride

the streets are bathed with goldImage by only alice via Flickr

Good Evening to All!

Before I get started, I want to publicly thank RedHead Riter for redesigning my Blog. I liked the other one also, but I was having trouble figuring out how to add a menu bar or nav buttons, and Nessa wasn't sure either. RedHead Riter happened to ask me a few questions that might help my blog, and I told her she had free rein. This was last night. I went to bed and got up this morning to find this surprise! She did a beautiful job, and I thank her so much!

Devotional

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will like with them. They will be his people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Revelation 21:2-5

I think if someone were to come up to me and ask me what period in time I would like to travel to, this would be it. Don't get me wrong. I'm not morbid, I don't have a death wish, or anything like that. I am just so sick of the way this world is deteriorating morally, spiritually, and environmentally. They have polls for everything, they have statistics for everything. I've often wondered about something. If there was a way to compare the number of criminals to law abiding citizens, which would be more. A statistic for morality vs. immorality (people). Who would be outnumbered? I know that sound crazy, but in these latter days, and crazy times, am I the only one that thinks about these things?

Can you imagine what it would be like to have Christ ruling down here? Nothing but goodness and honesty? Boy! That would be a switch!

Call me crazy, but I look forward to those days!

The above pictures I've chosen because one depicts the "streets of gold which we will be walking on, and the other is because for one thing I couldn't find a picture of Jesus robed in white as our "King", so I thought this picture would be appropriate to show that this time He will not be coming back as the "Lamb of God", but as our Ruler.



Good Night All and May God Bless


PJ
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

You are very welcome and I am happy to help. I just gave you a new button. Let me know how you like it. Have a wonderful day! ♥

Unknown said...

Great new look!!

Yaya' s Home said...

Love the new look. Three cheers for Redhead Riter!

This is an awesome post. I don't think its crazy at all to look forward to there being only good in the world. I have many friends who feel the same and I do, as well.

I firmly believe, however, that the comparison of good people to those who choose evil is very small. I think that a handful of people do a lot of damage with the things they do.

I also know that the time will come when Heavenly Father will say, "Enough!" and do whatever needs to be done to end it.

Hang in there. Our Father knows each of us and all things are done in His time.

Have a Happy New Year!

~ Yaya
Yaya's Home

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year PJ!!!


Gotta love Redheaded Riter. Wow, she did an amazing job!!!

The Redhead Riter said...

"Call me crazy, but I look forward to those days!"

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!


BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!