Sunday, December 6, 2009

"I Talk Too Much and It Worries Me To Death!

Good Evening to All!

I wish I was one of those people who carries everything very "close to the vest". Unfortunately, I'm not. I don't think before I speak (or type). I just tend to blirt everything out in the open. I and that has gotten me into more trouble and problems than I care to admit. Now, my latest for example is that I visited someone's blog tonight, and they were talking about "bad nick-names. Naturally, I had to jump right in the middle of it and leave a comment about how mine was right up there with this one they were talking about or worse. The problem is I didn't leave it at that...nooooo! Dummy me, I had to elaborate and say what it was and what it was used for (my hubby gave me the name), and put it on different things which I won't go into again. Anyway, now I'm gonna have to go and change a lot of different things, or it will worry me to death! I can be so STUPID!!!! I make myself so angry, and usually end up worrying myself sick over things I do like that. You would think I would learn. What gets me is that I'm a really good listener and confidant. I can keep other people's secrets with NO PROBLEM. It just my life that's an open book, literally! How does a person get out of that habit? I would say cut my tongue out, but my fingers are just as guilty! Well, on to the main reason for my blog. I've got a busy day ahead of me.

*** Denotes my own thoughts rather than being part of the Devotional

***In case you're wondering why I said that (tonight and tomorrow), it's because I type my post so late at night, so it stands for the rest of tonight, and tomorrow until I post again, probably about 8 or 9 pm.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Tonight's and Tomorrow's Daily Inspirations from the NIV

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

The King James Version is like this: (my favorite)

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress,
and my deliverer; my God, my strength,
in whom I will trust; my buckler,
and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

The LORD alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Psalm 62:6-7

King James Version

He only is my rock and my salvation:
He is my defence; I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory:
the rock of my strength, and my refuge,
is in God.

********************************************
********************************************


Bible Seeds

A Real Bargain


Today's Seed: "He said to me: 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. Tom him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.'" Revelation 21:6

We all love a sale. Two for One! Now that's a bargain! Unfortunately, sometimes we treat our prayer life as if it too were for sale. We bargain with God: "Lord, I promise I Will blah, blah,blah, if you will only answer my need now!"

We are so foolish. Do we really think that we can drive a better bargain than we have already been offered? The greatest bargain of all time is not only a two-for-one deal, but it's free! it doesn't get any better than that.

Not only are we given the Creator of the universe, but also everlasting life. The Alpha and the Omega, the first and last word in all things, the creator of the universe, the Almighty God, the One in control of the world is also our loving Father. He offers us the privilege of freely drinking for the water of life--living waters that will bring everlasting life.

Dig Deeper:

The Greek word used here for "beginning" mean a passive beginning or an active cause. Christ is both the place where all things begin and the active cause of the universe. The Greek word for "end" means the goal reached or the completion. This word is never used to mean the end of time.
Background Bulb: Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. They symbolize Jesus Christ, Creator and Culminator. God the Father and Christ the Son are revealed to be both the source and the sum of all. It is interesting that this announcement is reserved until the judgement of the world is over in Revelation 21 when Christ can finally say, "It is done."


Weed & Water: God reveals His essential nature and character by his names Alpha and Omega. We can be assured of three things: (1) God created us for his glory and purpose; (2) God sustains us in the present; and (3) God will complete what he has begun and bring us t the final goal.

When we pray, we can trust him to understand our past, be concerned about our present, and be in control of our future. It is not necessary for us to "bargain" with him to get his attention. He is present with us, committed now and forever, not only to be God but to be our God.

When we pray, we are not to offer bargains but to offer our prayers in the name of Jesus as instructed in John 14:6: "No one comes to the Father except through me." God promises that when what we ask is within His will,we can be sure that our requests will be granted.

Think about it: What three things can you learn from knowing that God is Alpha and Omega?

If you have bargained with God, what will you do about that?

Prayer Pot: Lord, help me remember to bring all things to you b y prayer and petition, especially....(Insert your need).


God's greatest bargain is free and two for one; he's the Alpha and Omega.

Good Night and May God Bless!

PJ
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: