Friday, December 25, 2009

Inspirations and Thoughts

Daily Inspirations from the NIV

Jesus said, "This , then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.'" I am still very partial to the King James Version which states its like this: Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it. It just seems to ring better in my ears and my heart with the KJV. I do like the NIV for study, but that's all. There are a lot of things missing from the NIV
compared to the KJV such as all of the "begottens and begats as in Chronicles.
the words begat or begotten are important because they mean "born of woman". These words has nothing to do with the word "only". Also, there are misquotes such as Matthew 18:21-22 when Peter asked the Lord how many time to forgive people and He said 70 times 7. To reaffirm this KJV verse it says; Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?" (22) According to the KJV, it states: Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
The NIV states it like this; (21) Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" (22) Jesus answered, "I tell you ,not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Last time I checked 70 x 7 = 490, not 77. Anyway, those are just a couple of discrepancies I have found. I'm not saying not to use the NIV, because as I said I do for study. Just be careful and reaffirm it by the
KJV.

Now that I got totally off track, let's try this again. As far as the Lord's Prayer goes, I can't count the times which I've heard people say they didn't know how to pray. I tell them two things. The first being; "just remember He's your friend, so you can talk to Him just like you would anyone else in a conversation. If that doesn't feel comfortable, the quote the Lord's Prayer (and I recite it to them). I say this is the way Jesus told the disciples to pray and it covers eve
rything. This usually answers their questions and gives them the confidence they need to be able to talk to God.

Matthew 18:21-22, Matthew 6:9-10

You ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

James 4:15


A little saying I have always heard is; if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.

It never fails. I've had my plans changed (for me) so many times I can't count them. That
wouldn't be so bad, except most of the time, I know it's the wrong decision when I make it. If I would just learn to listen to that "small still voice" inside when I'm trying to make up my mind about something, things would probably run a lot smoother. I am slowly but surely learning to do this, and it is becoming more of a habit (still not consistent, but more often) that I say for example , Lord willing, I'll see you tomorrow, or Lord willing I'll be there. None of us truly knows what is going to happen when we walk out the door, so I like the last words I say to someone to be in "God's will".



Jesus prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."


KJV-He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Matthew 26:42



This verse really makes me take stock in my fortitude. I mean, Jesus was facing sure death, and was so strong. He didn't like it, but He knew it had to be done. This was the "flesh" talking to the Devine. More or less saying I really don't want to do this, but "You're the boss, so your will be


done. I would probably be trying every way in the world to get out of it. making excuses, or whatever I had to do to stay alive. That's why I say it made me check my inner soul strength.

I know I said I wasn't going to post tonight, but I came in here and changed my mind. I hope this has helped someone tonight, whether it was just as an uplifting, or gave you some food for thought. I sincerely want to reach people and touch their hearts with my blog.

Y'all, please excuse the underlining in my text. It was unintentional. I don't know what happened. I've got a question into Blogger, but if anyone knows how this happened, please let me know. There's no underline function on the editor, so I don't know how it happened and I don't know how to remove it.
It doesn't even show up while I'm editing or typing, just when I "view the blog" or post.

Merry Christmas, a Blessed New Year, and May God Bless!

PJ
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]