Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Living Carefree with a Lesson in Gardening

Good Evening To All!

Jesus also said,"This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain--first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come."


Mark 4:26-29

I hope when I get to heaven that I will be able to find out how many of the people whom I have witnessed to over the years had turned their lives around, and made it to heaven. That will be a fantastic feeling. Sometimes, you won't see the result right away, and sometimes not at all. I would just like to know if I had made any kind of difference during my life here on earth.

Bible Seeds

Living Carefree

Today's Seed: "Cast all your anxiety (cares) on Him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

That's why we adults would love to be children again. No responsibilities, no cares. Our moms and dads did all that for us. That's the way it is with the Lord, it's just that now that we are adults, we don't like giving up control like we did when we were children. Back then, it was easy because we didn't have a choice. We had to let mommy and daddy make our choices, and take care of everything for us. Now we have to make them or at least we "think" we do. What we really need to do is give it up to God. Just call on Him and say dad, I have this problem or that , can you help me out? I promise He will answer you. You may not like the answer you get, but He will answer. It's like that verse in the Bible that talks about a child asking for bread and the earthly father wouldn't give him stones, well, our heavenly father will even do better. I can't remember the exact verse word for word, but I will look it up if anyone would like for me to. Just know that our God can run circles around ANY earthly father as far as giving and forgiveness. Not that all earthly fathers don't try, they just cannot outgive God.
Life is getting easier. At least, that's what the advertisements promise New detergents, gadgets, and machines pledge to do all our work, but new-fangled tools have a way of bringing with them new sets of problems. Casting all our problems on God is different. We can be assured of real help--not more problems---because He cares for us.

Imagine that! God, who has the whole world to manage, cares for us. What's important to us is important to Him. Nothing is too big or small. What we thought we couldn't handle, He can. He takes our anxiety about friends, health, property, and jobs--even those everyday, never-ending housework chores. We live carefree because He cares for us. Everything He promises he delivers.

He will either get rid of what we fear, support us as we face it, or exchange it for His load. the good news is that his burden is light. "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:30). What does He give us that is so light? He gives us mercy, grace, strength, and assurance. He has already given us the tools to do everything He wants us to do. When we call to Him, He gladly answers. His customer support line is never busy.

Background Bulb: Psalm 55:22 can help us understand the concept of casting our care upon the Lord. "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." god gave us our position in life, our abilities, and our talents. He knew exactly what we needed and what we could handle. Nothing that comes our way will be too much for us because He sustains us . He has never let the righteous fall.

Weed & Water: One of the definitions of the word "anxiety" is distraction. Life is full of distraction. It seems we can't finish a simple task like making dinner without being interrupted by something or someone. Living without care means that we don't let distractions triumph over us and keep us from accomplishing our goals. Make a list of the distractions in your daily routine. Present the list to
God asking Him to keep each one from interrupting your day.

Dig Deeper:
The Greek word epi is translated "upon". It means to superimpose. You've seen those doctored photos with mix and match faces and bodies. Now picture you and your anxiety with Jesus superimposed underneath it--you and your care totally upheld by Jesus.

Think about it: Look back through this lesson and list some promises of God.

How has God shown you that He really cares for you?

Prayer Pot: Lord, thank you for caring about....

Watching over us is not God's Duty, it's His Delight.

As you know I have been having a lot of trouble the last few days with getting my blog typed. I finally decided to try my laptop, and it worked like a charm. Although, I tried earlier tonight and couldn't even get on line. I guess there are just days like that.

I don't know why Zemanta didn't load, but I don't have any pictures in my "stash" that would go with this article, so that's why it's pictureless (is that a word?) anyway, I'm sorry it is so bland. Hopefully, the substance of the post is more important to y'all than pictures anyway.

It's almost 1 am, so I'm getting to bed a littler earlier than last night and the night before, but not by much. I know I'm gonna take a nap when I get home from Abilene tomorrow afternoon! We're leaving here about 8 or 8:30am, so I guess I better put this to bed.


Good Night to All and May God Bless!

PJ

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

alisha said...

pj- thank you for the prayers for ridge! maybe i don't know what "button" you are talking about? where is yours on your site, and i will see what you are talking about and try to figure out where mine is, if i have one? :) thanks so much again.

Anonymous said...

What a post of encouragement! You mentioned on your comment on my post that you did not have children - doesn't the bible say the barren women's house is full? Full because she is a spiritual mother to all - if she dares! You dared and you have so blessed me!

Too many teens do not understand that God's yoke is light - the world's are what torments and destroys and wears down.

Have a blessed day! (I loved your response to my post! My oldest son shopped at the goodwill for a couple of years because he so like the clothes and the price and he is the leader in the love of hats in the family:)