Monday, March 29, 2010

Challenge Answers and "The Way of the Toddler" Book Review

Good Evening to All!

Bible Challenge Answers (Christ's Last Days, Crucifixion and Resurrection I)




1. d) to prepare Him for burial (Matthew 26:6-13)
2. b) He sweated blood (Luke 22:44)
3. c) Jewish leaders (Matthew 26:14-16, 47-48)
4. b) washed his hands (Matthew 27:24-26)
5. d) JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS
(John 19:19)

6. a) theft (Matthew 27:38)
7. True (John 19:34)
8. d) a caretaker) (John 20:11-16)
9. b) Jewish leaders bribed them (Matthew 28:11-15)
10. d) honey and fish (Luke 24:42-43)

********************************************* *********************************************

Book Review




"The Way of the Toddler"
by Leta Hamilton


Let me reiterate, this is only the second Book Review I have ever done, so I'm still not exactly sure what is expected of me. Please be gentle. LOL!

This book was a "light-hearted" look into the world of raising and training three young boys in their live's endeavors.

Let me say first off, that while I am flattered that I was asked to review this book, I don't think I am the right person. I have never had children, so my perspective on raising and training children is way off from today's standards. I believe the in the Biblical way of discipline (spanking) with explanation, and trusting in God for ALL help needed not the "universe".
Once I changed the perspective of the way I was looking at this book, I started enjoying it. I went from taking a "serious "learning" perspective to an entertainment mode of thought.

With a very "colorful" way of talking she tells some very cute and amusing stories about her journey through life with her boys.

I can definitely see and associate myself with her "mom's way of child-rearing", as I am probably closer to her mom's age.

I would definitely recommend this book for "today's moms" and as a light-hearted mode of entertainment and enter it with an open mind, otherwise, you might find yourself becoming very critical. I had to "mentally smack my face sometimes while reading it and correct myself for being critical and judgmental, even though I've never had children . (MY BAD!) I'm confessing this so that others will read this book and not start out in the frame of mind I did. As I said, once I changed my thinking, I started enjoying the book. I definitely endorse this book. GOOD JOB LETA! and God Bless.

*******************************************
*******************************************

I will leave you with this "thought" to ponder:

Jesus said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'

"The one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs." Luke 11:5-8 This is a parable about a man being bold enough to ask a friend for what he needs and because he was bold the friend ended up giving it to him even though it was late at night. According to the New King James Version, these verses pertain to persistence. We must be bold in our prayers. There is NOTHING to small OR too big for God to handle, and if we are sincere in our love and asking, our prayers will be granted.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: