Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Poetry and Prayer

Good Evening to All!

First of All, I would like to thank those of you sent you prayers and well-wishes to my hubby. It was a "rough surgery, or should I say rough recovery. The doctor came by after the surgery while Don was still in recovery and told me "he'll be back in here (his room) in 20 0r 30 minutes. Well, 45 minutes went by, so I went up to the desk, and they called the recovery. She called me back and said, "we'll bring him back to the room in about 20 0r 30 minutes. Another 45 minutes went by and she called me back and told me he was "coughing up blood (he had swallowed too much, and was having trouble catching his breath, so she would bring him back to his room when they got that under control. Here's the way the schedule went. Got to the hospital at 5:30-5:45. Was due in for surgery at 6:00am. He finally went in at about 7:00, it was only supposed to be a 45minute to an hour surgery and we finally got to leave the hospital at 11:20. that definitely made for a long day. We came home, stopped by the pharmacy (it took a half hour to fill the perscriptions, and I got him home and settled in. I left again and delivered all my "church fundraiser Easter Eggs, and came home again. This time I stayed home to "mother hubby. Right now I'm so tired I'm having trouble typing this post. Anyway, I have a house to clean tomorrow, so I guess I'd better get on with the "meat of the matter" so I can get to bed.

**********************************************
**********************************************

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "His my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."... He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Psalm 91:1-2, 4

You will not fear the terror of night, not the arrow that flies by day; not the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling---even the LORD< style="font-weight: bold;">Psalm 91:5-10

Let all who take refuge in you be glad, O LORD; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11-12

While I enjoy the encouragement of the Psalms, I also enjoy the "teachings on His protection also.

Jesus prayed, "Holy Father, protect [my disciples] by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me."
John 17:11-12

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence with out fault and with great joy--to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
Jude 24-25

I really enjoy these kind of scriptures. I makes me remember that He is the one who protects me. When others fail to do what they say, and keep their word, I know I can ALWAYS depend on God. I especially like John 17:11-12, because it reminds me that I am a disciple of Christ, therefore, I have a responsibility to go outside the four walls of my church and witness to people, to be an example to people of how a true Christian is supposed to act, and let God shine through me. It also makes me recall the Power is the the Name of Jesus, and that's who deserves the glory. I have to remind myself, for example, when I lay hands on people for healing, to make sure I give GOD glory for the healing. I catch myself sometimes when talking about it, saying "I laid hands on (a certain person) and they were healed. I know the difference, but I need to remember to make it known to the person whom I am praying for . I laid hands on you, (or them) and God healed them. That's where so many of these TV Evangelists go so wrong. They take the glory for themselves rather than God, and that's if they even are truly being used as an instrument of God to heal.

Ok, my eyes are getting heavy, so I guess I'd better get to bed.

Good night and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: