Friday, April 23, 2010

Being an Overcomer!

I can't help but make mention about the picture. While I love this picture of three crosses, take note of the lower right corner! A MOUSE. That reminds me of my photography! LOL!

Good Evening to All!

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation [trouble]; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Reference:
Tribulation is literally "pressure", and figuratively means "affliction" or distress." Be of good cheer means "be confident and courageous." When we place our trust in God, He can give us peace in the midst of pressure.

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, [false prophets], because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4

Reference:
We can over come by recognizing false teachers and refusing to follow them. He who is in you is the Holy Spirit. He who is is the world, is the devil. (5:19)

Therefore,if your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

Do not be over come by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:20-21

Reference:
Freed from vengeance, believers can give themselves to mercy, even toward their enemies. By acts of kindness, the believers will heap coals of fire on the head of their enemies, perhaps bringing shame and repentance to them. It is possible for an enemy to become a friend. This is the phenomenal power of God's love that believers are connected to through Christ.

Behold! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
Revelation 3;20-22

This scripture above is pretty much self explanatory. There are two explanations to the part of standing at the door and knocking. One being Christ is standing at the door of our hearts, and the other says he is standing at the door of his "church" for the purpose of renew fellowship.

I personally believe that it is speaking to each individual's heart.

Well, I guess I had better close for now and get busy preparing lessons for my ESL class, and my Bible Study Class .

Good Night and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Matt5verse6 said...

Sister in Chirst, I am thankful for you sharing God's word. I pray you have a beautiful day in God's grace.

For His glory,
Brook