Friday, April 30, 2010

The Goodness of God-why Shouldn't We Give Back to HIM?


Good Evening to All!
Goodness! I don't know what happened to April! That month just literally flew by! Between cleaning houses, I've added one (which I said I wouldn't do), but anyway, it is supposed to be an every other week job, but it is turning into every week, starting my ESL classes, preparing lessons and teaching, typing the Advisor Training Manual for our Church's Drug and Alcohol Recovery Program, keeping up with BlognTweet (a really cool social forum) and typing my blog, April disappeared.

For those of you who like "social forums" and even a place to "sell your wares, or advertise your business, BlogNTweet.com is excellent. Check us out if you get a chance.

I need some advice. I joined an "advertising site" a while back to start typing ads for them, but I wrote the ad the latter part of February and have yet to be paid.

I just joined Social Spark, but I haven't written anything for them yet. I guess this other left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm a little leery now.

I'm beginning to think it isn't meant for me to earn money on my blog, just to get God's Word out.

Anyway, enough whining.

*************************************************

The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the LORD. David the king also rejoiced greatly. David praised the LORD in teh presence of the whole assembly,, saying,... "yours, O LORD , is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.

Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. "But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes form you, and we have given you only what comes form your hand."
1 Chronicles 29:9-14

Putting the Word to Work Have you ever had your heart set on something only to be disappointed? David knew that the only by fixing their hearts on God would the people he led prosper and have joy. Ask God to help you fix your heart on Him; He will never disappoint you.

Life Point

Do you regularly give of your finances to the work of God? As David's people willingly gave, they were filled with great joy. (see I Chronicles 29:2-16). Remember , anything you have to give came form God in the first place, and one way to honor Him is by joyful giving of your resources.

*************************************************
My Take on Things

Let me give you a little testimony about tithing and offering. Many years ago, I was living in Amarillo, Texas. At that time I was a "hit and miss" Christian ( that's what I like to call myself when I would go to church for a while, then quit for a longer while then start back for a little while. Anyway, I had decided to go to church one Sunday and the neighbor came over and asked me if I would take his wife with me. He told me if I would , that he would give me money for gas. (I was almost on empty, so I said I would take her). When the service started the preacher got up and said they were going to take up a "love offering" for the visiting preacher. Here came the plate. I wrestled with myself because I really needed the gas. I ended up putting 2 of the 5.00 in that the man gave me. A little while later, they took up the regular offering. Here it came AGAIN. I started wrestling and arguing with myself again. I didn't know if I would make it home if I didn't save some for gas. By the time the offering plate got to me I took the plunge and put in the 3.00 I had left. Now I was working by faith. After church, we made it home with gas to spare. That afternoon, United Grocery Store called and told me I had won a $100.00 shopping spree! I went down there and headed straight for the meat department. I had one minute to get as much as possible. We ended up with enough meat to last over 6 months. All because I had enough faith to believe that God would provide if I gave Him back a fraction of what He had given to me. We spend so much money on needless things and yet there are people who actually resent the idea that God would ask us to tithe 10% of what we make back to Him. Where would we be without Him? He provides the jobs for us, and everything else around us. Why is it so hard to give a little back? Yes, part of it may go to the Preacher, but it is directed by God. It says to do this in the Bible.

Well, that's my take on things . I hope I've given you something to think about, but not turned you away from the LORD, my blog, or me.

Good Night and May God Bless.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: