Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Final Victory

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?Image by Zombie Inc. via Flickr

Good Evening to All!

Before I get into the "meat" of my post, I see this picture come up constantly on Zemanta, with the caption, "If Jesus is God Himself, then who is He praying to? Well, I have an answer. Yes, according to 1 Timothy 3:16, ) Jesus Is God who came to earth to walk among us, and in Isaiah 7:14, and Matthew 1:23 Where the angel said they were to name him Immanuel or "God with us". There are many other scriptures that point to this conclusion. He is also a Spirit, therefore the "flesh" is praying to the Spirit or Divinity. Ok, I finally got that off my chest. I doubt if the person who entered this picture on Flickr reads my blog, but I see it all the time, so I felt the need to answer the question.

****************************************************

When the perishable has been clothed with imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true; "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

The Sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you.
1 Corinthians 15:54-58

Reference: New King James Version: 15:53-57- The living will receive a body that is not subject to death. Satan's apparent victories in the Garden of Eden and at the Cross were reversed by Jesus' death and resurrection. From the vantage point of Jesus' victorious return, Death and Hades (the grave) have no real power over Christians, because Jesus has already conquered both. We participate in His victory. The Corinthians were to continue steadfast in the work of Christ, specifically because of the resurrection. Your labor is not in vain: All the work that we do for Christ will be rewarded according to 1 Cor. 5:10, Rev. 22:12.

**********************************************************
My 2 Cents

It's hard to believe that my "take" is short but sweet tonight. I usually have at least a nickel's worth.

I am so looking forward to the day when my body will be changed. No more pains or sickness, No more worrying about trying to look 30 again. (Weight-wise). I am really looking forward to facing God and hearing Him say "well done thou good and faithful servant."I know he will look at every aspect of me except for my weight.

Good night to All and may God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

I am so glad to have read today. I love the painting of Jesus praying....remember that we are children to him. And children learn by example. So praying to his Father, asking advice is a pretty simple task to understand.