Monday, May 24, 2010

Challenge Answers and Louisiana Trip



Hey Everybody!
I'm baaaaack! For a little while anyway! We had a pretty enjoyable trip to Louisiana. We didn't go to as many places as I would have liked to, but this was a less expensive trip this time. Anyway, before I get into that, let me give out the answers to the Bible Challenge "Faith and Trust".

1. a) Asa (2 Chron. 14:8-15)
2. "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."
3. b) possess the land (Isaiah 57:13)
4. c) mustard seed (Matthew 17:20)
5. d) "My Lord and my God." (John 20:28)
6. damned ( Mark 16:16)
7. c) Abraham ( Romans 4:9)
8. a) shield (Ephesians 6:16)
9. c) good fight (1 Timothy 6:12)
10. c) something like scales that covered his eyes (Acts 9:18)
*************************************************************
Well, I've been lazy since we got back. I haven't felt too well, so I haven't down loaded all of my pictures off my camera that I took during the trip yet. My hubby downloaded some of his on to my flash drive, so I'm gonna be doing this backwards. Our last stop to visit was in Baton Rouge
( or I should say outside of Baton Rouge, where we took a "Swamp Tour".




An interesting fact about Gators: Did you know it only takes 2 fingers to keep a gator's mouth closed? He has no power to Open his mouth. He cannot move his bottom part of his mouth, so if you keep two fingers clamped on his top, it paralyzes his mouth. At least that's what our guide Bryan told us. I don't think I'd be willing to try and "test this theory though!

This is the trunk of a Cyprus gum tree.

These trees grow to be as old as 1500 to 2,000 years old. You can tell when they have reached full maturity when the top limbs of the tree are flat across and not pointed upward.

This is a Lotus flower. the leaves you see around it are called banana leaves and are edible . Our guide told us they taste somewhat like pineapples.

I have many more pictures to show, but will save them for tomorrow night.

Red, I hope Alyssa gets better soon. Check out my Prayer Line.

Good night to all and may God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: