Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bible Trivia

dinosaur eating the bible triviaImage by pinguino via Flickr

Hey Everyone!

I know I said I would have more pictures of our Louisiana trip and I do. The problem is, they are on my laptop and I can't figure out how to get them from my lap top, to the flash drive to my desk top. I'm definitely not mechanically inclined and my hubby has shown me several times, I just forget in between! LOL! Anyway, I'll find out tomorrow.

I acquired a new book today. It is called "Bible Trivia", so I thought it might be fun to share it with you.

Have you ever thought about where certain "everyday phrases" came from? Well you would be surprised that a lot come from the Bible. Here are just a few.

Identify the book and, if possible, the chapter and verse where these commonly used phrases originated. If you don't have a concordance, you can check out "Audio Bible. com and there is a "search the Bible section".

1. The skin of my teeth

2. Wolf in sheep's clothing

3. Salt of the earth

4. Holier than thou

5. Woe is me!

6. Can a leopard change his spots?

7. A drop in a bucket

8. Eat, drink and be merry

9. Pride goeth before a fall.

10. Give up the ghost

11. Spare the rod and spoil the child

12 My brother's keeper

13. Fat of the lad

14. a lamb for the slaughter

15. The blind leading the blind


Hope you have fun delving into the Word for the answers. It has been my experience that when I go into the Word searching for one thing, I get involved and hungry for more, and end up reading more than I originally intended therefore learning more than I expected.

Good Night and May God Bless. Hopefully, tomorrow, my hubby will show me how to transfer my pictures and I can share them with y'all.


Share/Bookmark
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: