Sunday, May 16, 2010
Bible Challenge -"The Early Church"
Tonight's Bible Challenge is about the "Early Church"
1. Acts 3 speaks of: (Acts 3:20-21)
a) Peter's release from prison
b) Paul's release from prison
c) Timothy's release from prison
d) Christ's second coming
2. This Roman ruler ordered Jews to leave the city of Rome. ( Acts 18:2)
3. The pagan goddess Diana (Artemis) caused great confusion at _________.
4. Why was the Roman army commander in Jerusalem frightened after he ordered the beating of Paul? (Acts 22:29)
a) an angel condemned him
b) it caused an uncontrollable riot
c) he realized he was punishing an innocent citizen
d) he learned Paul was a Roman citizen
5. Paul declared he was sent to preach, not to ______________. (1 Corinthians 1:17)
6. Paul told the Corinthians that women should cover their heads when praying or prophesying. What about men? (1 Corinthians 11:4)
a) they, too, should cover their heads
b) they should not cover their heads
c) they should cover their heads when praying but not when prophesying
d) he said nothing about men's dress
7. Eudias and Syntyche apparently were squabbling, prompting Paul's rebuff. To which early church did they belong? (Philippians 4:2)
8. Who did the Philippians send to attend to the imprisoned Paul? ( Philippians 2:25)
9. Visiting Paul on behalf of the Corinthians were Stephanas, Fortunatus, and ___________.
(1 Corinthians 16:17)
10. Paul encouraged unity in the early church, stressing "one ______, one ___________, one ____________, one God and Father of all." ( Ephesus 4:5)
I'll either be posting from Louisiana tomorrow, or when we get back!
Good Night to All And May God Bless!