Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Heart's Thoughts


Tonight I would like to talk to y'all from my heart and would like to relay a few thoughts that my Pastor brought to light. While I am sure he more than likely read them somewhere, (he told us but I don't remember), he thought enough of us to tell us.

"Do not fear tomorrow, for God is already there.

"He didn't bury me, He planted me to grow".

Last but NOT least, (my favorite, as this is going to be my mantra from now on) "I will NOT be shaken by ANYTHING or ANYONE in this world because I HAVE GOD".

*****************************************************

There are no such things as "accidents", coincidences, or luck.. God places us as Christians in certain places to influence others. Not by forcing or anything like that, but by our actions, our attitudes and demeanor, The way we act, talk, and dress has a direct effect on others. This brings me to a deeper subject that I want to broach tonight.

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of the darkness into his marvellous light:

P-Praying people. Eph. 6:18

E-Earnest people. Jude 3

C-Consecrated people. Rom. 12:1

U-United people. Eph. 4:1-3

L-Loving people. Eph. 5:1,2

I-Influential people. Matt. 5:16

A-Active people. Phil. 2:12

R-Righteous people. 2 Cor. 5:21

Sermon Outline by George William Butterfield

The word peculiar in this context means special or "set apart" for God's own purpose, which is to "show forth the praises of Him...

We as Christians (believers) are transformed not only internally, but also externally . We are "set apart" ( which is what Holy means) for God's specific purpose. To "show forth" the praises of Him. This is why we are suppose to be "in the world" but not "Of the world".

This is what being a true Christian is all about, being a Good Influence on those with whom we come in contact, for example being polite to others, dressing modestly, so we don't have to worry about pulling our blouses up or our skirts down to keep from showing what should be kept private. Showing and having respect for others.

What I'm trying to say is that there is more to being a "Christian" than attending church every Sunday and Wednesday.

It is a "Lifestyle", which does not come naturally, but that has to be nurtured and disciplined, until it becomes second nature to us. There is no such thing as being close enough to God, or knowing enough about God. He always has something to teach us.

Thank you for letting me share my heart's thoughts with you.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

And you can be a Christian even if you do not go to church too. Sometimes you can not find that home that church should be.