Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nicodemus

A Casket Floral SprayImage by Capt Kodak via Flickr


Good Evening to All!

I can really tell I have gotten my priorities confused. I have been neglectful of commenting on many blogs, while commenting on several. I can tell this by the fact that I have gone several weeks with one or no comments to mine. I deeply apologize and will work on doing better.

Tribute to a Dear Friend

Tonight, my flesh is mourning, but my spirit rejoices, as a very dear friend and "ex" housekeeping client has gone "home" to Jesus. She was going on 97 years old, but it's like I told her niece, I somehow assumed (not such a good idea ) that she would be around forever (I knew she wouldn't) but I just couldn't imagine her passing even as elderly as she was. I continued to picture her the same vibrant feisty lady I cleaned house for 2 years ago. Needless to say, this just confirms my personal feelings about Assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Even though I know in my heart that she was so close to 100 years old, it helps to blame the loss of her. I know it has nothing to do with the facilities they are excellent from what I could tell. They have all kinds of activities, such as music,where different bands come and play for the residents, they have games, and different things to keep the residents occupied, but the the spirit is broken when a person's independence is taken away, not by any person, but age, life and health in general. It's just that people once in there have so much time on their hands, they don't drive, so the only way they go anywhere is if someone takes them, they don't want to burden anyone so they sit there day after day, slowly slipping away. Now let me clarify, again, this is just my grief talking. Deep down I know she lived a VERY long and from the way she talked very happy life with the exception of the loss of her husband long ago. She has a huge wonderful family of nephews and nieces (by marriage) and their children. Just in case you're wondering, I'm not in denial, I said "has" in reference to her family, not she herself.

Because my friend was hard of hearing and couldn't see well, her family asked her to go live in the assisted living facilities and after a while her health started going down hill. A while back she had a stroke, and I would imagine other health issues because of the close proximity of other residents, and eventually ended up having to be placed in a regular nursing home. Where she lasted about 5 months before passing away. She will definitely be missed. God Bless you . I love you and will think of you often.

Continuation of Jesus' Witness to Nicodemus

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
John 3:17-21

According to the NKJV reference, at Jesus' first coming, Jesus came so that the world through Him might be saved. When Jesus comes again, He will come in judgment upon those who refused His offer of salvation. (18) To believe is to receive life (vv. 15, 16) and avoid judgment. A person who does not believe not only misses life, but is condemned already. The idea of believing in Jesus'name is also found in John 1:12. (29) Condemnation refers to the reason for judgment . The light referred to here is Jesus, the light of the world (2:7-9; 8:12, 9:5).
(20) People offer many excuses for not accepting Christ. Some cite the presence of hypocrites in the church. Others claim inability to believe some of the truths about Christ or the gospel. these are mere attempts to conceal a heart in rebellion against God. The ultimate reason people do not come to Christ is that they do not want to. (21) The one who does the truth (1 John 1:5) is obviously already a believer because his or her deeds are done in God. Therefore, "coming to the light" is more than exercising faith. A person who comes to the light not only believes, but also openly identifies with the light so that his or her works can be seen as things does in union with God.

What all this says to me, is that people who don't want to go to church or come to Christ is because they're afraid they will have to give up "stuff". or their way of life. You know what? More than likely they will, but it's is so worth it. Whatever is given up, God replaces with something hundreds of times better. I used to be one of those people. I USED to drink, smoke and other things, but I thank God that even WAY back in my late 20's early 30's He delivered me from that "stuff". I didn't think I could have fun without it. I was shocked to learn that I can have MUCH MORE fun being in Church. Yes, I said Church! We have a blast at our church praising God for Who He Is, What He Has done and What He Will do.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: