Monday, June 28, 2010

Jesus Is the Rock

CLICK HERE TO SHARE YOUR BLOG


Good Evening to All!


The Answers to the Bible Challenge "God's Modus Operandi" are as follows:

1. with wind (Gen. 8:1)
2. d) wind (Exodus 14:21)
3. a) ashes (Exodus 9:89)
4. d) back (Exodus 22:20-23)
5. none
6. b) whirlwind (2 Kings 2:11)
7. d) Cyrus (Ezra 1:1-5)
8. c) in a beauty contest (Esther 1:10-2:18)
9. b) hatred for our children (Proverbs 13:24)
10. d) He temporarily struck Zacharias dumb (Luke 1:5-22, 57--64)

I know I said I would post a picture when I got my new perm, but I can't get a decent picture of me. ( My hair looks good, but the rest of me looks 100 years old! LOL!)

********************************************************

I was honored to receive a new follower today. His blog is "Solid Rock or Sinking Sand". A very good read by the way! Anyway, when I was looking through my Devotional tonight, this scripture popped out at me, so I couldn't resist. I love this picture of Jesus. To me, this picture depicts the resolute and strength of Jesus when He is being ridiculed and about to be crucified. This shows the "strength of a "ROCK".


Jesus said,"Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had it's foundation on the rock. "but everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down and the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
Matthew 7:24-27

Boy! did that bring back memories. When I was just a little girl, (9 years old), I attended children's church where we sang lots of songs of course. One that has ALWAYS stuck out in my mind was :

The foolish man built his house upon the sand , the foolish man built his house upon the sand, the foolish man built his house upon the sand and the rain came tumbling down. The rain came down and the floods came up, the rain came down and the floods came up, the rain came down and the floods came up, and the house on the sand went SMASH! The wise man built his house upon the rock, the wise man built his house upon the rock, the wise man built his house upon the rock and the rain came tumbling down. The rain came down and the floods came up, the rain came down and the floods came up, the rain came down and the floods came up, and the house on the rock stood firm.

Does anyone remember that song from their childhood, or am I still a child at heart? LOL!

Anyway, I am totally a believer in that song and scripture. I have had it both ways, and believe me my life has done a 180 degree turn for the better since I got serious about my relationship with Christ, and quit being so "wishy-washy". First of all Jesus says that we are not to be luke-warm. We either love Him or we Don't. Needless to say, to get to heaven we had better develop a loving and obedient relationship with Him. Back to my 180. Before I got into a real relationship with Christ, my life was all over the place. I had been in 2 failed marriages, I didn't seem to hold on to a job for very long, (I was restless) and let's just say my attitude left a LOT to be desired. I was working at a truck stop as a waitress when this couple came in to eat and I waited on them. The woman had long hair, no make-up and wore a long dress. For some reason I thought to myself, this has got to be some "religious" thing, so I asked them where they went to church. She told me that her husband Pastored a Pentecostal church and they would be delighted if I would visit. The next church day (I can't remember if it was Sunday or Wednesday) that I had off, I went. I had never felt the way I felt in that church before. I felt a warmth and love all around me. I went to that church for 2 years and we moved here to Comanche and I joined the Oneness Pentecostal church here also. I had missed out on a relationship with Christ for so long! I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the other churches ( I was originally Presbyterian), and I went to a Baptist church for awhile. I just felt a stronger presence of God in my life for some reason after I became Pentecostal. Perhaps it is because I started doing more reading and doing more Bible research then because our Pastor always tells us "I teach Exactly what is in the Word, but don't take my word for it, prove me, and read it for yourself. So I do. My relationship with Christ has grown abundantly in the last 10 years.

Anyone can go to church and say "I believe that Christ is my Savior", but a person must have a relationship with Christ, and abide by His Word, and LIVE FOR HIM. This along with being baptised in Jesus' Name, repenting and receiving the Holy Ghost (according to Acts 2:38) is the only way to obtain Salvation and be saved.

As Lloyd from "Solid Rock or Sinking Sand" stated, these beliefs are what I hold true according to the Bible and I am very sure that there are those who will no doubt disagree with me and that is ok. I hope you will come back and visit me and even state your opinions . LOL! I started to say that's what makes this old world go round, but of course it's not. God is WHO makes this world go round, and I am looking forward to this old world passing away and a NEW Jerusalem coming into being. Incidentally, I still consider myself to be a "babe in Christ", as I still have so much to learn and there are so many more people who know a lot more than I do. That is why I'm always searching and reading. We should NEVER get to the point where we are content to know enough about our LORD. TO BE CONTENT IS TO STOP GROWING.

DON'T FORGET TO CLICK AND SHARE YOUR BLOG!

Good Night and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: