Sunday, July 18, 2010
Bible Challenge of "LOVE"
Good Evening to All!
A short time ago, I typed a post on the "Fruit of the Holy Spirit is: love, joy, peace longsuffering , kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. (New King James Version)
1 Corinthians 13:13 states: And now abide faith, hope, love , these three; but the greatest of these is love.
In honor of this, my Bible Challenge tonight will be on LOVE.
1. One of the problems with polygamy in the Old Testament is exemplified by the story of this patriarch. Married to two sisters, his overbearing love for the younger one resulted in unending jealousy.
2. Old Testament law dictated that a man not be sent to war of other civic duties for how long after he married?
a) a week
b) a fortnight
c) a moon, or month
d) a year
3. The Proverbs teach that "hatred stirreth up strifes: but love ________________. "
a) bringeth an end to strifes
b) covereth all sins
c) availeth much
d) quincheth the thirst
4. During Jesus' earthly time, Jews refused to love-or even associate with-the _____________,
5. In justifying the sinful woman's washing of His feet, Jesus told Simon the Pharisee that the person who ______ much loves much, but the person who________little loves little.
d) is forgiven
6. "But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you." Whom was Jesus accusing when He said this?
b) Jewish leaders
c) His disciples
d) those who came to the garden to arrest Him.
7. Paul taught the Corinthians that three things are unending. Charity, or love, is the greatest of them. What are the other two?
8. The apostle John said perfect love casts out _______________.
9. The apostle John said we should not love "in word, neither in tongue" but ___________.
a) in deed and in truth.
b) in humility and in awe
c) in honesty and with whole heart
d) in every act and every breath
10. Who said Christians should show godly love for one another with a holy kiss of greeting?
Sorry y'all! I saw the dog under "unconditional love and he's so UGLY, he's cute. I couldn't resist him. Looks like me on a bad hair day! LOL! Even though this Challenge said nothing about dogs, I find that animals and God are just about the only one's with unconditional love. Yes, I know that a parent's love is supposed to be "unconditional, but even that is not 100% true. I'm not saying that all parents set conditions by ANY MEANS, just some. I have seen and heard about parents "disowning their children because they didn't do what they wanted them to, married someone they didn't like, or didn't aspire to the height in their careers or education they thought they should and so on. That to me definitely does not prove to be UNconditional.
Good luck, Happy Hunting, and Good Night to All!
May God Bless!