Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bible Challenge - Teachings 3



Good Evening to All!

This will be the last Challenge on Teachings. I usually try not to do more than 2 parts to each challenge subject, but I feel that Teachings is a very important topic. I am truly hoping that a notable amount of readers are participating in the Bible Challenges. I wish I could afford to do so, and I would give out prizes or incentives to take them. I know for me, it used to be hard to really get into reading the Bible, but I always enjoyed doing Bible Word Searches, Bible Crosswords and Bible quizzes. That is where I originally learned the majority of what I knew about the Word of God. Now, since I found the "faith" where I get "fed" the Word of God on a regular basis, it makes me hunger for more . Therefore, I have started enjoying reading, and doing research especially since I started my blog. Anyway with that being said, on with the Challenge. By the way, next weeks Challenge is titled "Tongues to Speak". I hope you will join me for that one also. If there is anyone out there who could tell me how I could make this Challenge interactive where you could answer on line, please let me know. I think that would make it more appealing to readers if they wouldn't have to write everything down. I would like for it to be where you could either print it out and take it (so you could save it to study it again), or do it online and then print it out. If there is an answer to this I would really like to know.

****************************************************************

1. The Lord hates seven things according to the writer of Proverbs (Solomon). Name five of them. ( Proverbs 6:16-19)

2. Through Malachi, God told His people that by not tithing, they were____________. (Malachi 3:8-12)
a. assuring themselves of poverty
b) assuring themselves of hellfire
c) robbing Him
d) dooming their children

3. Which specific teaching of Jesus Christ enraged the Jews to the extent that they tried to stone Him? (John 8:58-59)
a) that He had no earthly father
b) that He existed before Abraham
c) that He would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days
d) that they were hypocrites

4. Who instructed us in praying the Lord's Prayer? (Matthew6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4)
a) Paul
b) Peter
c) Matthew
d) Jesus

5. What did Jesus teach us about marriage in heaven? (Matthew 22:29-30)
a) that we'll be married to our earthly spouses
b) that if we have more than one spouse, we'll be married to our first
c) that there will be no marriages in heaven
d) He didn't speak of marriage in heaven.

6. Where is Jesus referred to as "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end'?
(Revelation 22:13)
a) His baptism
b) the Last Supper
c) His ascension into heaven
d) the end of the world

7. Quoting from the prophet Joel, which apostle in the second chapter of Acts explained to the skeptics the spirit-filled behavior of his companions on the day of Pentecost? (Acts 2:1-21)
a) Mark
b) Peter
c) Andrew
d) Matthias

8. Paul instructed us to offer our _____________ as living sacrifices. (Romans 12:1)
a) hearts
b) families
c) bodies
d) possessions

9. The apostle Paul wrote how many published letters to the Corinthians? (No hint)

10. Jesus taught that in order to save your life, what must you do? (Matthew 16:25)

Happy Hunting! Good Night to All and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: