Monday, August 23, 2010

Challenge Answers and "When God Speaks"



Good Evening to All!

Answers to the Bible Challenge "Teachings 3"

1. "a proud look," "a lying tongue", "hands that shed innocent blood," "an heart the deviseth wicked imaginations," "feet that be swift in running to mischief," "a false witness that speaketh lies," and "he that soweth discord among brethren". (Proverbs 6:16-19)
2. c) robbing Him (Malachi 3:8-12)
3. b) that He existed before Abraham (John 8:58-59)
4. d) Jesus (Matthew 6:9-13, Luke 11:2-4) 5. c) that there will be no marriages in heaven (Matthew 22:29-30)
6. d) the end of the world (Revelation 22:13)
7. b) Peter (Acts 2:1-21)
8. c) bodies (Romans 12:1)
9. two (1 and 2 Corinthians)
10. lose it for His sake (Matthew 16:25)

*********************************************************

When God Speaks

The Word God speaks is alive and full of power[making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 AMP. Ver.)

*********************************************************

We can accurately say that God's Word operates on us. It cuts out of our lives the things that are hindering God's plan for our lives. It locates and isolates the things that are fleshly and carnal, and removes them through the Holy Spirit.

In the early years of being a student of God's Word, I did not have enough
experience to discern the difference between hearing from my own soul ( mind, will, emotions), and actually being led by the Holy Spirit. If I wanted something, I tried to make it happen and if it didn't then I became angry. I was selfish, carnal, and fleshly, but over the years, god used His Word to operate on me and cut off my wrong behavior.

Operations of any kind are never pleasant, but they help us in the long run. If you want God's best for your life, then you must let Him get rid of the things that are interfering with your spiritual growth. there are no shortcuts to spiritual maturity.

God's Word For You Tonight: The long road to success is the one on which we learn valuable lessons that teach us wisdom.

******************************************************

I cannot count the times when I have felt something in my heart or heard a little voice in my head telling me what to do, how to do it, or when to do it, even why sometimes. I have often wondered is that me or God? I understand where Joyce is coming from in this instance. I even sometimes still wonder. I am learning though. Little by little, lesson by lesson, God is showing me. I'm still not quite there yet. I have started reading God's Word more, actually not just reading, but studying it more (this blog has definitely disciplined me in that way). I also pray and ask God for guidance in what topic to post each night. I have always maintained that I started this blog for HIM, and I shall request His input to include in my posts, as I am just the instrument relaying His Word. Anyway, the more I surrender to Him, the clearer everything becomes, and the easier it is to differentiate between my will and what I want to post, and His will and what HE wants me to post. The same goes for every aspect of life, whether I'm hearing my voice telling me what I want or whether I hear His voice in my heart telling me what He wants. To be truthful, The closer I become with Him, the more our wills will mesh. My will will become the same as His. I will want what He wants for my life.

The tighter our relationship is, the clearer God's voice becomes, and the harder it is for Satan to drive a wedge of enticement between us.

The pictures depict different ways that God speaks to us on a regular basis if we will listen. He will not force us to listen to Him, so it is up to us to "hone our listening and discernment skills" so that we will know who's voice we are listening to. Is it our's? Are we letting our fleshly desires get in God's way? Is it the devil trying to tempt us and put a wedge between us and God, or is the God, our Loving Savior who wants nothing but the best for us. His main wish is that we be happy and prosper, keeping in mind that this statement does not necessarily mean monetarily or materially. Although, in His Word, He does say that if we seek the Kingdom of God first, all these things (food, clothing, life's necessities) will be added unto us.

We must all learn to be able to tell God's voice from our own in our hearts and heed His wishes. When we do, that will bring true happiness.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!



Devotional taken from Joyce Meyer's "Hearing from GOD Each Morning"
Holy Bible Amplified Version

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sandro said...

Grace and peace, always!
I want to congratulate your blog.
Begin to follow from now.
I invite you to know my blog: comment, critique, enjoy ...

In Jesus, who is the true Way.

Sandro Duarte
http://oreinoemnos.blogspot.com/