Friday, October 1, 2010
LORD, TEACH US TO PRAY
Good Evening to All!
I posted this a few days back, but I didn't get to much response to it because it was WAY DOWN at the bottom of my post so I don't know if anyone other than my sweet friend Lynette read it. It is SO IMPORTANT. I feel in my spirit that I need to re-post this particular part, and that is one of my new commitments to God, to listen to what HE tells me to do and DO IT whether I agree or not. We must be a Doer of the Word and Not just a HEARER. We miss a lot of blessings when we feel in our spirits that God wants us to do something but are afraid what people will think, or like me and this post feel like it may be redundant and people will be bored. I am fighting " my flesh against my spirit. I worry too much about earthly problems like "what people will say". I started to say " what they think", but I need to care about that. I need them to see me as Christ's example of how we should be" and let HIS light shine through me. Part of that is listening to my spirit when HE speaks to it and DOING what it says. In my spirit I feel that too many people use the excuse "I don't pray because I don't know how". Jesus gave us the "Lord's Prayer as a guide. It is a beautiful prayer, but it is also to be used as a guide on how to pray for those who don't know. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble so I better quit and get to the "meat" of the post. I think this will make you see the Lord's Prayer in a different light. May God open your hearts and your eyes to this post and to you're own spirit when He Speaks to You. Thank you for allowing me this privilege. I do this in Jesus' Name.
T H E L O R D ' S P R A Y E R ( BROKEN DOWN)
1. Praise and Sovereignty -Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed by thy name (means to *revere Him) * to regard with respect tinged with awe.
2. Submission and Invitation - Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, (We submit all of this to Him. It is an act of dependence.)
3. Petition and Provision - Give us this day our daily bread.
( I have heard two different meanings of this) (1) it is talking about the manna (provision-food), and also (2) referring to God's Word as "bread".
4. Confession and Forgiveness - Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. (Confession, and forgive is in the same measure ) In other words, we must forgive just as much as we need forgiving.
5. Spiritual Protection - Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
6. Praise and Agreement - For thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory for ever.
7. Amen - So be it. I give you permission and agree with your ways.
Everyone have a Good Day and May God Bless!