Good Evening To All!
I learned quite a bit today in Sunday School and Church, but of course this evening is Bible Challenge, so I will get you started by thinking about this, compliments of my Sunday School Teacher: (of course he had a very informative Sunday school lesson on "7 things Peter said to add to our Faith" as the main course with these little tid-bits to spice it up. I just couldn't resist sharing these bits of wisdom with y'all. Once again, thank you Brother Ford.
Character is the result of two things: How I Spend my Time and (2) What I Put in my Mind.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a Fruit.
Wisdom is knowing Not to put a tomato in a Fruit Salad.
Power of the Tongue - Temper is having a jet propelled tongue with a Model -T brain.
This Evenings Bible Challenge is Titled "Prayer"
1. According to Genesis, people began to pray to God after this man's birth. (Genesis 4:26)
2. What patriarch prayed fervently for god to spare a sinful city? (Genesis 18:23-33)
3. Shortly before the parting and crossing of the Red Sea, God rebuked Moses for praying. Why? (Exodus 14:15)
a) because Moses had not secluded himself
b) because Moses had not taken time to adopt a reverent attitude
c) because Moses had forgotten to offer a sacrifice
d) because Moses was stalling when he should have been taking action
4. Which Psalm is David's prayer for forgiveness after his adultery with Bathsheba?
5. One of God's best-known responses to prayer is: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." To whom did God make this pledge? (2 Chronicles 7:14)
6. What was the occasion for that promise? (2 Chronicles 6-7)
a) internal strife among God's people
c) foreign captivity
d)dedication of the temple in Jerusalem
7. Jesus taught that when we pray, we shouldn't use "__________ as heathen do ."
b) pious pleadings
c) vain repetitions
d) Roman pleasantries
8. In which two gospels do we find the Lord's Prayer?
9. How many times did Paul pray for God to take away his physical ailment?
(2 Corinthians 12:8)
10. What was God's response to Paul's prayer for relief from his affliction?
(2 Corinthians 12:9)
a) This is the cross I have given thee to bear
b) But nine years, and this shall be granted unto thee
c) This is thy joy
d) My grace is sufficient for thee
Good Night and May God Bless!