Friday, November 26, 2010

Good Words

be positive on 10 Oct 2010 - day 283Image by Leonard John Matthews via Flickr

Good Evening to All!
\
I guess it must be obvious to those who have stopped by that my New Found Quiz Creator doesn't do what is intended. It looked good, but I have been unable to get my post to link up to the answer key, so my efforts have been in vain. Fear not though, I won't give up. I will continue to enter the Challenge the old way until I figure it out. Therefore, be looking for the standard Bible Challenge Sunday with pen and paper in hand. Sorry y'all! I really thought I had it licked!

Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices [and instruments] and making melody with all your heart to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:19)

The King James Version translate it in this manner: "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,m singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

**********************

This is a good reminder to not speak of negative things. When we start speaking negatively, it quickly becomes a habit, and then we start perceiving more negatively. For some reason, it is a lot easier to dwell on the negative than the positive. The problem with this is when we start talking and dwelling on our problems, disappointments, and struggles, We tend to forget that we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, and He is not in any way shape or form negative.

Therefore when we do this, we are "quenching the Spirit" keeping Him subdued, and
not letting Him do what He is intended to do. Everything He shows us or teaches us is for our good. It is to bring solutions to our problems, comfort and strength in our time of troubles. The more we dwell on our problems the weaker we become, meaning we begin to feel like we don't know how to get out of our situations, and problems. If we start speaking about how good our Savior is, what He can do and what He has promised us, we become stronger and able to get through anything as long as we hold on to God's hand.

God never promised anyone of us a bed of roses, and He did say offences would come, but He would be with us through it all. That is His purpose for filling us with the Holy Ghost. To help us to do difficult things a little easier.

When you are going through a difficult time, listen for the still, small voice of God within you. Speak the positive things God says to you through His Word and through the voice of His Spirit
to your heart. As I have heard an old saying many times "you are what you speak". If you keep telling yourself negative things about you, you will start believing them and thus become them. For example, I myself have low self-esteem. (I'm working on my issues). I was told by some people in my life how dumb I was, how could I be so dingy, how I can't do this or that, how I could never make it on my own, you get the picture. Well, unfortunately, for a long time I believed it. I've still got a long way to go, but God is helping me to work through some issues. As a matter of fact, I sincerely, believe that He sent me two friends yesterday to help me with an issue that I've been dealing with for a good while, and they truly helped me.

The main thing is though, that we need to remember to think on things in a positive manner. For one thing, NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES FROM BEING NEGATIVE. You don't make too many friends when you're negative, and you might end up running some off. It doesn't make good sense to be negative on your job, or when you try to sell something, so really what good is being negative? We should always be positive. Look on the bright side of things. Even with my self-esteem issues, I tried to stay positive when I was younger, but I started getting bogged down. God is now working on me again. I can feel Him. So I will make a conscious effort to be positive. We all feed on our own words, so it is important to speak good words that are a positive reinforcement to ourselves. We cannot expect others to carry us all the time. We should not expect to have someone around all the time just to tell us how good we are doing, how good we look, what a good job we did or anything else like that. We need to be able to feel God within us and know that we are doing good because of what He is doing for us in our lives.

We also need to be positive for others. It is not our job to criticize anyone. If someone asks our opinion, rather than pointing out the bad qualities, find something good, as well as finding a positive way to help them overcome the lacking qualities. When I ask for someone's opinion, I want the truth, but at the same time if it is said in a negative way, it will not help me, because I won't hear the constructive critique. I will hear the hurtful words which were spoken to me. So we must be honest, in a positive, reassuring way. We are to be a blessing, not a curse to others. We must always remember that anything negative we may say to someone could be a stumbling block for them. It may cause them to feel inferior, or inadequate. I have heard people say they weren't worthy or good enough to go to church. I have heard them say I don't dress nice enough. and many other reasons. Not all, but a lot of times it is because someone has told them this "garbage" and made them feel negatively about themselves. We must all remember "God Don't Make No Junk!" (I know that's horrible grammar,but that's the saying.) and we must believe it and help others to believe it. We are all God's creation and that alone makes us special.

Choose your words wisely for they have the power of life or death.



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PJ,

This is another much needed posting. (At least it is needed for me!) You are absolutely right when you say that we all have a need to be positive and try to see the good in the people and circumstances around us.

I know, from experience, it is so very easy to fall into negatives attitudes when you are faced with trials and difficulties. Many times, I find it almost impossible to see beyond my present day difficulties and look to a wonderful end result to them (closer walk with Lord and the ability to helpo otehrs with the added experience the tiral brings.)

Anyhow, thanks for the reminder.

By the way, don't let the computer quiz problem get you down. I get so disgusted with my computer, sometimes I want to throw it out the window and go back to the tin can on a string method of communicating.

Things seemed to be so much more simple back then!

May the Lord continue to bless you

Rob