Sunday, December 19, 2010
Bible Challenge - "A WAY WITH WORDS"
Good Evening to All!
On with tonight's Bible Challenge.
1. Jacob spoke briefly but eloquently of his sixth son, remarking that "he giveth goodly words." Which son was this? (Genesis 49:21)
2. This prophet likened the Word of God to "a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces." (Jeremiah 23:29)
3. Luke gives us the first reported words of Jesus Christ: "How is it that ye sought me?" What was the occasion? (Luke 2:49)
4. When the scribes and Pharisees brought an adulterous woman before Jesus and asked His opinion regarding her punishment, He leaned over and wrote in the sand. What did He write? (J0hn 8:1-11)
a) Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
b) Go, and sin no more.
c) Let it be so.
d) the Bible doesn't report what He wrote
5. "Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews" was written on Christ's cross in what languages? (John 19:19-20)
a) Greek and Latin
b) Aramaic and Latin
c) Hebrew and Latin
d) Hebrew, Greek, and Latin
6. To what did Jesus liken the temple defiled by moneychangers? (Matthew 21:13)
a) a bed of serpents
b) a lair of wolves
c) a den of thieves
d) an unclean sacrifice
7. Jesus likened Himself to a vine, his followers to ___________. (John 15:5)
8. Paul suffered from " a thorn in the flesh." what did that mean? (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)
a) he had a burden to bear for Christ
b) he had cancer
c) he had arthritis
d) not clarified in Scripture
9. Paul told the Hebrews that the word of God is _____________. (Hebrews 4:12)
a) soothing as cool water
b) like a healing balm
c) as a thorn in the flesh
d) sharper than any two-edged sword
10. In writing to the Thessalonians, Paul warned against forged correspondence containing __________. (2 Thessalonians 2:2-3)
a) Christ's teachings taken out of context
b) lies about Paul
c) prophesy about Christ's return
d) fabricated laws
Good Night to All and May God Bless!