Saturday, January 15, 2011

GOD WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW



Good Evening to All!

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiahs cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. John 4:25 KJV

The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming. He Who is called the Christ ( the Anointed One); and when He arrives, He will tell us everything we need to know and make it clear to us. AMP. Version

******************

Learning to hear from God and be led by the Holy Spirit is an eye-opening experience. God wants to speak to us and help us to understand what we need in our lives to be happy, be blessed, make wise decisions, and to be able to fulfill the plans He has for us. He always has something good and helpful to say, but sometimes people miss knowing these things because they fail to recognize that God is speaking to them. Sometimes it is because we are uncertain whether it is God speaking or our own fleshly desires, or even God's emissary, and sometimes we know it is God but He isn't saying something we something we "want" to hear, so we ignore it. Yes, admit it. We all do that at one time or another. I have been driving down the road and seen someone walking. I hear a voice in my spirit telling me to offer them a ride, but I'm in a hurry and don't want to be "bothered", so I ignore the voice and keep going. I feel guilty the rest of the day. I wonder if they ever got to where they were going. I wonder if I missed a blessing. They might have had something important to tell me from God. A bit of wisdom. We need to learn how to hear and obey His voice.

We must understand that when the Holy Spirit speaks to us and we "ignore Him" this is the same as being a disobedient child. I know my mom used to give me "what for" when I ignored her when she was talking to me. I usually got a spanking. I have been blessed more times than I can count by obeying God's wishes. When He speaks to my spirit and I comply, whether it is to tell someone something "to encourage them" or to lay hands on a sick person and God heals them, or just pray for someone whether I know them or not. It is truly a blessing to see the results from obeying Him. If God tells me to do something, I try to do it now without reservation. I have seen great things come from obedience to God. Prayers have been answered right away, people healed, hearts uplifted, and good advice given with positive results.

Earthly parents talk to their children all the time, so why wouldn't our heavenly Father speak to us? Human parents do not expect their children to know what to do if they don't tell them, and God feels the same way toward His children. He wants to teach us everything we need to know in preparation for our earthly life as well as preparing us for entry to His eternal kingdom.

Our spirit and flesh are always at war with one another. Even though we know what God may expect of us, our carnal side often wants to do our own thing and do things our own way. We like the idea of "having our cake and eating it too. We want to be saved and go to heaven, but we want it on "our terms". We don't like the idea of having to go by God's rules. The problem with this is when we live this way, we end up losing our way and wasting our lives. This is what my Pastor would call "stinkin' thinkin'". We need the Holy Spirit to guide us through each day of our time on Earth, and He is committed to doing so by speaking to us and telling us everything we need to know.

Believe me, I have tried living life both ways, and although I still sometimes slip, I have found out that my life runs a lot smoother if I allow God to guide my steps (which is what I pray every morning), and ask Him to have His way in every aspect of my life each day. After all, He has the advantage of hind sight, fore sight and any other kind of sight. He sees all, so He knows what is best for me.

If we will listen for His voice and allow ourselves to be led by His Spirit, our lives will be much more satisfied and fulfilled. They will be much more enriched by His presence.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ps 143:10 (KJV)
"Teach me to do thy will; for thou [art] my God: thy spirit [is] good; lead me into the land of uprightness."

When I think about this verse, I remember how much I need Him to lead me through every day of my life.

PJ, You've hit the nail on the head.

Our DAILY desire should be for Him to lead and guide us. Without His leadership I can make a mess of my life in a short amount of time.

Thanks for your faithfulness to Him. Rob