Friday, January 21, 2011

"HELP IS HERE"


Good Evening to All!

Before I get started, I would like to thank Lynette of "Crazed Mind" for my birthday present. She obtained a Nelson's Biblical Cyclopedic Index. (I haven't figured out how to underline on my blog, so I bold instead). Anyway, this book will be a total blessing for me in my research for my Bible study and my blog. I can look up any topic and this book will give me the scriptures pertaining to it. I can't wait to put it to use!

*************
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever. John 14:16 KJV

I will ask the Father , and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with your forever. AMP. version

*************

I just read a devotional which I "sort of disagree with". According to this person, "many people have received Jesus as Savior and Lord. They will go to heaven, but never draw on the full capacity of the Holy Spirit that is avail to them or experience the true success God wants them to enjoy on Earth.


I'm sorry but I must disagree. It plainly states in Acts 2:38, that to "be saved" we must "repent, be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins and we SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST. It doesn't say "could, can, might or possibly". It says a definite SHALL. The key is allowing God to give it to us. It is ours for the taking. All we have to do is focus on God and allow Him to give the Holy Ghost to us by entering into us. It is truly a magnificent feeling. A peace that passeth understanding. A warmth like arms of love enveloping us. Who in their right mind wouldn't want this?

The Holy Spirit is given to us by God to guide us a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ex7TBwlEYLQ/TTpxvEGPK-I/AAAAAAAAD38/BHCg2Oo6NP4/s1600/Holy%2BGhost%2Bat%2Bhome.jpg">and help prepare us for our entry into heaven. As I have said before, this is a life-time journey. Salvation is a gift from God. Jesus died for this purpose. He died so that His Spirit could be glorified in heaven, and come back to earth and live within us. He is our protection against the adversaries of our spirits which are our flesh and Satan himself.

The Comforter was sent to guide us to know when we have that nagging little voice whispering in our ear things which are contrary to God's Word so we can push those thoughts out of our minds and get back on track as to what God wants us to do. To live by His Word, Love Him and Worship Him. To strive to attain the characteristics of our LORD Jesus Christ. In His Word He says He made man in His image, and also that He wants us to take on the Fruit of the Spirit which are His attributes: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23).

I will agree on certain points in the devotion which I read however. It spoke about how people who are self-sufficient often think depending on God is a sign of weakness. They need to understand that drawing on the ability of the Holy Spirit, they can accomplish more in their lives than they could by doing things their own way without including our Comforter into the mix.

People need to realize that relying on God to help them is actually showing strength. Within the "human make-up", we have many short-comings, pride being the biggest one I think. Pride is the cause of many a downfall of us. We do not like to admit when we are wrong. We do not like to admit when we need help. Instead of asking God for help and including Him in our decisions, we would rather do our "own thing" and take a chance that all will work out, rather than giving God the green light to take over and MAKE SURE that all will turn out ok. Usually, it's been my experience when I "forget" to include God in my plans and decisions that I make a total mess of things, or if they do turn out ok, it was a difficult road getting there. This could have all be avoided if I had listened to the Holy Spirit and done what He told me to do.

I hope that you will seriously think about this post. You don't have to be at an altar to receive the Holy Ghost, you don't even have to be in a church. I have seen people receive it sitting on their bed in prayer, sitting in their recliner or where ever they choose to "worship God". The first time I receive the Holy Ghost, I was being baptised in Sweetwater Lake. I have received a re-filling of the Holy Ghost many times. It is such a wonderful feeling. The main thing is placing your COMPLETE focus on Him, praising Him and pouring our your love to Him and you WILL receive Him.

Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: