Saturday, February 5, 2011

"GLORIOUS PRAISE"


Good Evening to All!

As promised I am concluding my topic of "Praise" tonight. I kind of "ran through numbers 10 and 11 at the end of last night's post, which were:

(10. ) The Glorious Garment of Praise and (11.) Honest Worship.

12. Spiritual Worship (Phil. 3:3) Paul identifies the worship of those who have identified with Christ (having their heart circumcised, which is cutting away the carnal reserve in worship as well as removing all dependence on the works of the flesh for their salvation). This worship is to be "in" or "by" the spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is to be invited into and involved in our worship--enlarging, equipping, and expanding us in praise-filled, Christ-exalting, God-honoring ways that bring the spiritual impetus required for true worship. I looked up the word impetus and the dictionary states that it is a moving force; impulse; stimulus. I liked this definition the best: the force with which a moving body tends to maintain its velocity and overcome resistance. This tells me that to truly have "spiritual worship" one must have impetus. We must remove or get past all resistance telling us that we should stand still and be reverent, we mustn't shout. we should not do anything that someone may think looks silly. We must get past all of that resistance placed in our way by Satan to keep us from honoring our God as He should be honored.

13. Songs of the Holy Spirit (Col. 3:16) Paul taught the churches (see also Eph.5:18, 19) not only to sing psalms (biblical lyrics) and hymns ( songs we write about God), but also spiritual songs." The Greek odais pneumatikais reveals the Holy Spirit as a composer, ready to enable and expand the song of the Lord through believers now as then. Interesting is the thought that this song is participating in \heaven's song by the Spirit's enablement, a song described as the sound (or voice) of many waters (Rev. 14:2, 19:6). Joined to Jesus' description of the "rivers of living water" (John 7:38) springing from within those who believe in Him, it appears that "spiritual songs" may be one of those "rivers"--springing with praise from the inner being of the worshiping believer.

Now to be completely honest, I don't quite understand this one. After reading these scriptures, I definitely know there is a heavenly choir, as the verses talk about a sound of a multitude of voices, and harpers playing their harps. I do believe that
the Holy Spirit can give a person the words to a song which God wants to be written. I also believe in the Holy Spirit having everything to do with spiritual songs. I don't know if I am getting my thoughts mixed up with a different context or not, but I have heard people sing in "tongues" (which is a heavenly language between our soul and God), and it is beautiful. I just am not sure if I'm confusing the context.

14. Jesus Sings Praise with Us. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, (12) Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.(Heb. 2:11-12) This quotation from a messianic prophecy I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. ,(Psalm 22:22) reveals how the Spirit of the Christ fills the New Testament Church, as Jesus identifies Himself so closely with His people and enters into songs of worship and praise with them. Note: (1) how the Lord Himself enters into the gathering (in the midst) and (2) how the joint-praise releases the spirit of prophecy ") as the holy power of praise ignites "the testimony of Jesus" And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus : worship God for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. (Rev. 19:10)

15. The Sacrifice of Praise (Heb.13:10-15) Why is praising God a sacrifice? The word "sacrifice" (Greek, thusia) comes form the root "thuo", a verb meaning "to kill or slaughter for a purpose." Praise often requires that we "kill" our pride, fear, or sloth--anything that threatens to diminish or interfere with our worship of the Lord. We also discover here the basis of all our praise: the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by Him, in Him with Him, to Him, and for Him that we offer our sacrifice of praise to God. Praise will never be successfully hindered when we keep its focus on HIM --the Founder and Completer of our salvation. His Cross, His Blood--His love gift of life and forgiveness to us--keep praise as a living sacrifice!

I must say, I have done both. I have left a church service having NOT given my all (praise and worship) to God, and I have left having given my mind, body and soul to Him in praise and worship. When I have done the latter, I feel a warmth of love and refreshment, a renewal of spirit. When I don't, I leave with a sense of tiredness, and dreading the coming days. He gives me strength for my praises.

I hope that when you enter your church tomorrow, or even if you are a person who doesn't go to church, take time to think about WHO GOD truly is, and why He deserves all of our praise. Look to the heavens and praise Him with all your being. Let Him know just how much you love Him. Not just for what He's done for you, but for WHO HE IS. He deserves to be praised with all of our hearts, minds and souls.

Everyone Have a Wonderful Evening and May God Bless!


Share/Bookmark

No comments: