Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bible Trivia-"NAMES MADE IN HEAVEN"


Good Evening Everyone!

I had a specific quiz picked out, only to realize that no verses were given to give for hints, so I decided against it. I like the idea of giving the verse hints because just maybe in looking up the verse, something else will catch your eye and you will decide to do more reading. Anyway, I Hope you have fun.

I was looking for pictures to go along with this post but all I was finding were pictures of "Bible Names for Babies" books. Then I ran across this one and after seeing some of these names, which I have no idea how to pronounce, I thought the picture of the baby below was hilarious and couldn't resist it. Please, no disrespect for the names intended.

1. What did God change Jacob's name to? (Genesis 32:38)

2. Who was told by God to name his son Maher-shalal-hash-baz? (Isaiah 8:3)

3. Who told Joseph what Jesus' name would be? (Matthew 1:20-21)

4. What prophet was told by God to name his son Lo-ammi? (Hosea 1:9)

5. Who told Hagar to name her son Ishmael? (Genesis 16:11)

6. What did God change Abram's name to? (Genesis 17:5)

7. Who was told by an angel that his son was to be named John? (Luke 1:13)

8. What prophet told the priest Pashur that his new name was to be Magor-missabib?
(Jeremiah 20:3)

9. What did God call his human creation? (Genesis 5:2)

10. What new name did Jesus give to Simon? (John 1:42)

11. What was Hosea told to name his daughter? (Hosea 1:6)

12. What was Sarai's name changed to? (Genesis 17:15)

13. Who was told to name his son Solomon? (1 Chronicles 22:9)

14. Who was told to name his firstborn son Jezreel? (Hosea 1:4)

15. Who told Mary that her son was to be named Jesus? (Luke 1: 30-31)

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

I hope you had fun and maybe even learned something you didn't already know.

Have a good evening and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: