Sunday, July 31, 2011
Bible Challenge - "CLOTHING"
Good Evening to All!
Have Fun and . . . .
1. Whose mother made him kidskin gloves? (Genesis 27:15-16)
2. What did the book of Leviticus have to say about men's beards? (Leviticus 19:27)
a) they shouldn't be allowed to grow until a youth reached age twenty
b) they should be shaved and restarted every seven years
c) the edges shouldn't be trimmed
d) they should be trimmed at ten inches
3. What did the Israelites wear in the wilderness? (Deuteronomy 29:5)
b) clothes of animal hides
c) clothes of wool
d) the same clothes for forty years
4. When Samuel was a child serving the temple, what did his mother bring him each year?
(1 Samuel 2:19)
a) new shoes
b) a new coat
c) a scarlet cap
d) a silver bracelet
5. Who at one time had their garments cut to the hips? (1 Chronicles 19:4)
c) David's servants
d) Herodias' daughter
6. What prophet criticized strange apparel? (Zephaniah 1:8)
7. Beneath the cross, what feature of Jesus' coat promo0p-ted the Roman soldiers to cast lots for it rather than divide it into quarters? (John 19:23-24)
a) it wouldn't tear because it was made of wool
b) they considered it a valuable relic
c) it was seamless
d) it was intricately embroidered
8. Of what is the clothing worn by the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 made?
d) twined linen
9. In admonishing women to dress modestly, Paul specifically banned "braided hair, or gold, or ____________, or costly array." (1 Timothy 2:9)
10. True or False: Paul complimented women with long hair. (1 Corinthians 11:15)
May these "Challenges" help you gain a little knowledge into the Word of God and maybe even give you a hunger to delve into His Word even deeper.
I saw this when I was looking for some pictures for this post. I couldn't resist sharing. This is where modesty has gone. Now there is definitely something "wrong" with this picture, don't you think?
Good night to All and May God Bless!