Monday, July 25, 2011

"THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO"


Good Evening to All!

Oh, How I love Sunday Mornings! I so look forward to going to church and getting my soul fed and my knowledge of God increased. There isn't a service that goes by that I don't receive something from it.

This Sunday, we had a young guest preacher, but we soon found out he was WISE beyond his years. He taught both our adult Sunday school class and the Worship service.

For Sunday school, he taught about the Bible itself. How many times have you heard someone say, I don't believe the Bible is true. It was written by men. That is very frustrating to me. Yes, it was "penned by men", but it was INSPIRED BY GOD, therefore God is the author.
They need to look at it as though God is a "boss" and the writers are His secretaries. When it comes down to it would a secretary take credit for writing a piece of correspondence that her boss dictated to her? I doubt it.

2 Timothy 3:16
plainly states All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (17) that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The Bible is an affirmation of
BOTH FAITH AND SCIENCE.

How do we know that the Bible is true? Let's ponder this question a little bit.

2 Peter 1:21 says for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Everything prophesied in the Bible came true and is coming true right at this moment.

Jeremiah 30:2 says: thus speaks the Lord God of Israel, saying 'Write in a book for yourself all the words that I have spoken to you. (3) For behold, the days are coming', says the Lord that I will bring back from captivity My people Israel and Judah, says the Lord. 'And I will cause then to return to the land that I gave to their fathers and they shall possess it.'"

We also know it is true through our own
personal experiences. The Bible says we shall receive the Holy Ghost, and I did. The Bible says " our bodies can be healed", mine has been more than than I can count.

Just a quick personal testimony . . . No one likes to talk about tithing, or giving money to the church, but it tells us to do just that. Years ago, before I even had a serious relationship with God, I was going to church "off and on". One Sunday my next door neighbor came over and told me he would give me gas money if I would take his wife to church with me. I was low on gas, so I agreed. During church, they had a guest speaker and asked for a "love offering". When the plate came around I put in 2 dollars of the 5 he had given me. A while later, they took up the regular offering. Well, this time, I fought with myself, because I had no other money, and I really needed the gas. By the time the plate got to me, something kept telling me to put the rest in the plate, so I did. Now I had no money for gas, and my car was running on fumes. Believe it or not, we made it home after church, and that same afternoon, United Supermarket called me and told me I had won a $100.00 Shopping Spree!

Believe me! Since then NO ONE can tell me the Bible isn't true.

Science--The science of Rain Helping things to grow--Isaiah 55:10 states: "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, but water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater.

I love the next verse even though it doesn't have to do with the "science". It says: So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Genesis tells us about the reproduction of seeds process.

As far as archeology, every time someone pipes up and starts trying to disprove the Bible, they find another piece of the puzzle.

Some years ago, they found part of Noah's Ark, so the nay-sayers quieted down for a bit. Then they started up again and again archeologist's found the dead-sea scrolls. Now they have found what is thought to be King Solomon's horse compound. I love the way God works. He doesn't flaunt, but every time someone things "they'll show the Christians a thing or two" God proves them wrong! LOL!

Everything that Daniel prophesied has come to pass. He prophesied about he demise of Jerusalem, and It happened. He talked about the birth of Jesus Christ and it happened, as well as many other prophecies.

I wish I was a better "note-taker". He explained things so wonderfully, but I just couldn't write and think fast enough. (I'm not very coordinated). I can either think, or write, but not both at the same time! LOL! He did say he would e-mail me his notes after he got permission
from Brother Hardin (our Pastor). He didn't want to take a chance on offending him. So . . . I might just have a continuation of this later on.

Well, I was going to cover both services, but I guess I will cover the Worship Service tom
orrow. It was also wonderful. It was titled "The Secret to Soaring".

I would like to leave this portion of my post with this thought for you: "A Bible which is torn apart usually belongs to someone whose life isn't. (Speaking about a well-used Bible).

The Answers to last night's Bible Challenge "Gifts" are as follows:

1. Esau (Genesis 27)
2. b) Esau (Genesis 32:13-20; 33:8-11)

3. d) almonds (Genesis 43:11)

4. b) ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them" (Leviticus 26:3)
5. c) Abigail (1 Samuel 25:18)
6. d) twenty cities in Galilee (1 Kings 9:11)
7. c) gold earrings and money (Job 43:11)

8. a) wisdom/knowledge (Daniel 2:21)
9. gold, frankincense, myrrh (Matthew 2:11)

10. d) rest (Matthew 11:28)

I hope you did well on the Challenge, and had fun doing it. Good Night to All and May God Bless!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: