Sunday, July 24, 2011
Bible Challenge - "GIFTS"
Good Evening to All!
I hope this post finds that everyone had a wonderfully blessed Sunday.
Have fun, and . . .
1. What son presented his father with a meal of savory wild game hoping for a blessing that never came? (Genesis 27)
2. After leaving Laban, as Jacob and his host approached the land of Seir, Jacob sent a large herd of choice livestock ahead as a present to whom?
(Genesis 32:13-20, 33:8-11)
3. To appease the governor in Egypt (unwittingly, his own son Joseph), Jacob sent his older sons back to Egypt with presents of balm, honey, spices, myrrh, and a specific type of nut: (Genesis 43:11)
4. In Leviticus 26, God promises His people gifts of seasonal rain, ample harvests, dominion over their enemies, and His guidance and protection . . . IF:
a) "ye sacrifice the first tenth of everything ye possess to my name"
b) "ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them"
c) ye go where I shall lead ye"
d) "ye obey the commands of my servant Joshua"
5. Two hundred loaves, two bottles of wine, five dressed sheep, five measures of parched corn, raisins, fig cakes . . . Who offered this food as atonement to disgruntled David's fugitive band? (1 Samuel 25:18)
6. King Hiram gave Solomon fine cedar and fir trees, as well as gold, during the building of the great temple. In return, what did Solomon give Hiram?
(1 Kings 9:11)
a) a share of ownership in the temple
b) a suite in the royal palace
c) 90,000 head of livestock
d) twenty cities in Galilee
7. At the end of Job's tribulations, his relatives and old friends gave him_________. (Job 42:11)
b) silos filled with food
c) gold earrings and money
d) grain and livestock
8. Daniel said God gives "__________ unto the wise, and _________to them that know understanding." (Daniel 2:21)
b) many children/long life
c) silver/precious stones
d) living water/peace
9. What gifts did the wise men bring the baby Jesus? (Matthew 2:11)
10. What gift does Jesus offer "all ye that labor and are heavy laden"?
b) long life
May these "Challenges" help you gain a little knowledge into the Word of God and maybe even give you a hunger to delve into His Word even deeper.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!