Friday, August 5, 2011

"SEASONS OF TIME"



Good Evening to All!

I must admit, I am having a difficult time with tonight's post. I went to two separate viewings tonight of friend's loved ones who have passed and tomorrow I will be attending 2 funerals- one at 10 am, and one at 2 pm. Even though I did not know their loved ones personally, my spirit cries for my friends. While I have not lost too many people that I was close to in my life, I have felt the "sting of death" having lost my mom and dad, therefore I know what my friends are going through and it hurts me to see them hurt.

Yes, their loved ones were both "up in age" they had both lived long lives, but that is still no consolation when the realization sets in that he won't ever be able to pick up the phone and call his sister, let her share in his excitement over something good happening, or even visiting her on a vacation. My other friend won't be able to call her friend and discuss her son and daughter-in-law's plans or good fortune because her daughter-in-law's mom and dad were called home to God. It won't be possible for my friends to see their friend and love one again until my friends leave this world.

I never know what to say in these cases. I know we are suppose to rejoice in our spirits that they accomplished their final goal, which should be all of our goals, but our fleshly desires and feelings seem to take precedence over our spiritual and we succumb to the sadness of our carnal and earthly emotions.

I wish there was such a thing as a "happy pill" ( no I don't mean antidepressants). A pill that could help us understand why young people die, or that would help our spiritual awareness to override the natural emotion of grief, but that will never happen. Yes, a person could take anti-depressants and "sleep their way" through, but in the end, grief would catch up. As the writer who is thought to be Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8:

To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven;

(2) A time to be born,
And a time to die;

A time to plant,
and a time to pluck what is planted;

(3) A time to kill,
And a time to heal;

A time to break down,
and a time to build up;

(4) A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;

A time to mourn,
and a time to dance;

(5) A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones;

A time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;

(6) A time to gain,
and a time to lose;

A time to keep,
and a time to throw away;

(7) A time to tear,
And a time to sew;

A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;

(8) A time to love,
And a time to hate;

A time of war,
And a time of peace.

In verse 3:4 God's plan includes both sorrows and joys. Believers do not mourn the same way as unbelievers . According to 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14, Paul states: but I don not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. (14) If we believe that Jesus died and rose again even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

To my loving friends, I am truly sorry for your loss. For those of you who have lost family or friends recently or are still having a hard time "coping" with the loss, I am truly sorry. May God give you comfort and a peace that passeth all understanding.

Good Night to All and May God Bless,

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

I am always amazed at the things people say to a grieving person.

From personal experience, when my husband died at 43 years of age, I was shocked at things that were said to me. Questions that were asked. AT the time they were said, I was in grief shock, but as time passed I thought back on them.

I only say to people, "I am sorry you hurt." I never make a comparison of my own grief to them. No one knows how much another person hurts. No matter what our life experiences, we do not know exactly what the mourners are going through.

Rejoice in the afterlife. God has prepared a place for us.

Have a blessed day.

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Reformed rebel said...

Hi PJ

Carole in The Faith Lounge told me you had said something to me in a comment on her post. So, I went and read it. Thank you. That is a wonderful way of reading your Bible. I'm glad to have found your blog. I will follow and be back to read more.

Blessings in Him...Chelle

Starry Dawn said...

Hi PJ,
I offer my deepest condolences for the loss of your friend's dear ones. I understand how they feel, because I have already lost my dear mom, daddy, aunts, best friends, and so on. The manifestation of our mortal lives come in the form of death. We grieve, we mourn, we weep...
I am sorry that you are sad. I give you my shoulders, if you wish to cry with me. I cry too when I feel sad. It is OK. for feel sad. We are only mortal beings. We suffer at times when we lose our beloved ones. God be with their families at this time!!
The Lord blesses His children.
In God's Garden,
Poet Starry Dawn.

Starry Dawn said...

Hi PJ,
It's me again, Starry.
I made a spelling mistake.
I mean, it is OK. to feel sad.
We are only humans...
Blessings,
Poet Starry.