Monday, September 26, 2011

"LOVE AND JUDGMENT"


Good Morning to All!

I wish I could say I'm back with a "roar", but it's more like a "meow". I don't know why a person can't just get to feeling better all over at once, but it seems to me, that mine comes in stages. The bronchitis is better, I can talk much to the chagrin of my husband) and my sore throat is gone, but my sinus infection is still blundering on. Anyway, I can at least sit up and think without it hurting my brain (if I don't think too hard.)

this picture is a picture of the earthquake in Japan which is one of the deadliest ones in history. If this is just a "run of the mill" horrible natural disaster, can you imagine what the earthquakes are going to be like when God instructs His angel to open the sixth seal? It will be many, many times worse.

You know, I brought up my blog this morning and immediately, my "daily verse" caught my eye.

"For we know him who
said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God".

(Hebrews 10:30-31
NIV)

It is my prayer that none of us will be here at the time this seal is opened. After all, God did instruct not to hurt the earth before His servants (His children) were sealed on their foreheads.

I know that in a lot of churches today, our Pastors want to talk about how loving God is, how faithful He is along with His mercy and blessings. Yes, He is a VERY loving God, with lots of mercy toward us.

The thing is, there is also another side which people don't like to talk about. It seems to be a common thing for people to say "Vengeance is Mine saith the Lord". They are saying it in reference to allowing God to handle the retribution or "pay back" to someone for something bad done to them, or some kind of retribution. While this is true, (we should let the Lord handle our battles), it is not just speaking about our retribution. It is speaking of His judgment.

This verse is talking about EVERYONE who turns their back on Him. Those who refuse His love and mercy by living a life of sin and "not allowing God to speak to their hearts and hearing Him.

As much as I admire our "Shepherds", our Pastors who are called by God to be our guides on the path of righteousness, they need to incorporate the judgment of God which is coming with the love of God which is already with us. Preachers need to WAKE UP THEIR CONGREGATIONS to the latter part of God's Word and tell them what is to come when the seals are opened and the seals in Revelation, Chapters 6. This will be His vengeance. We use that word so lightly, but when He brings it, I don't think He will just lightly sprinkle it over the earth.

God says in 2 Chronicles 16:9: For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart ios perfect toward Him. Herein thou has done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars. Psalm 34 :7 says: The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.

I am NOT trying to post a "doomsday" message. I am wanting people to realize that God is loving and protective, yet in the end He is judgment. Not all of us will end up in heaven. We would all like to think that everything is going to be "hunky dory" and we will all live in heaven with God happily ever after. Unfortunately, that is NOT so.

If we do not WAKE UP, and read God's Word and heed what it says, we WILL be lost. He did not spend all that time inspiring the writers of His Word just as a "fairy tale", a fiction novel, or a "good read". He did it for a purpose, and if we don't follow it, it will be No One's fault but our own if we don't end up in heaven living with Him.

His Word is very explicit. Those who turn their back on Him will end up in the lake of fire for eternity. Have you ever thought about that? I have. It doesn't say we will be cast into the lake of fire and "die". It says those who end up there will burn forever and it will be felt.

I know a lot of people are thinking about how "hard it is" to live for God. Really it isn't. When a person starts reading His Word, and praying to Him, He will help them. When we receive the Holy Ghost, He will help us. That is His purpose to guide us into all truths and to teach us How to Live for God.

The longer I walk with God, the easier it becomes because I get closer to Him with every step I take. The more faith I show in Him, the stronger my faith becomes. He is my rock and my fortress. Whenever, bad things come against me, I know He is there with me when I call on His Name. All I have to do is call out the name Jesus, and I know He will protect me.

I was not trying to portray God some "horrible creature" of doom. He is mighty and all powerful, but to those who are under His protection and mercy through love, He is gentle and kind.

I love this verse: Zechariah 2:5: For I, saith the Lord will be unto her a wall of fire round about and will be the glory in the midst of her.

But showing His judgment side, an angel of the Lord says in Revelation 7:3, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Now I will be honest. I am not a Bible Scholar, nor a preacher, and I haven't been studying for many, many years. Therefore, I don't know if the above verse in Revelation is pertaining to before the catching away (or rapture), or after, but one of my favorite sayings is "better safe than sorry", so I prefer to Live For God NOW, and not have to worry about it.

Yes, He is a forgiving God, but if He sees that a person is not sincere about repenting and they continue to do the same sin over and over again, eventually He will give up on them. I cannot stress that enough. According to Romans 1:28, And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient. ( Then in 29 and 30 it goes into detail).

The thing is, the word "reprobate" means hopeless. In 2 Timothy 3:8, it talks about being a reprobate concerning faith. Therefore in these two passages, it clearly brings out the fact that we can fall out of grace with God and be lost.

We have a Wonderful Living God. All He asks us to do is LOVE HIM, and LIVE FOR HIM. He wants that relationship back that He had with Adam and Eve when He walked in garden with them in the cool of the day. He wants our complete trust in Him. He wants to have conversations with us in our spirits.

Is that too much to ask from a God who manifested Himself to us here on earth as a human being, went through everything a normal person would go through and worse. A
man who gave up His body and His blood to save us from an eternity of torment and heat? He bought us on Calvary. We belong to Him, yet if we do not acknowledge it with our love and our lives it is to no avail.


The simple question I will ask is: Why should He allow us to spend a glorious wonderful eternity with Him if we do not acknowledge Him in our hearts, minds and actions?

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Sagittarian said...

Hi!.:) Welcome back Pj! It's nice to hear again from you,..:)

My answer to your question is, God loves us, He gave us His beloved son to pay for our sin. But we must acknowledge Him first, in our heart, mind,soul and in action before we can enter His kingdom in heaven.

God bless you.. Have a peaceful day in blogging!.:)

that's life! said...

Awww..PJ - didn't know you were so under the weather.

Glad you're feeling at least a bit bettter.

My attitude is that God is giving us every opportunity to come to a party he's throwing.

You can come, or not come.

Completely up to you.