Sunday, December 25, 2011
Bible Challenge - "CURSES AND CONDEMNATIONS"
Good Evening to All!
I know I said I wasn't going to post today, but decided since today is "Bible Challenge" day and it doesn't take a great deal of research, I would go ahead and post.
I realize the picture to the right is not of the usually caliber of the photos I try and post, but I have a phobia of snakes and I will be having nightmares tonight about them as it is. This portrays that originally snakes did walk upright before God cursed them. Believe it or not some of the pictures I saw did show some snakes with legs. I've gotten the chills just thinking about them.
1. Who did God condemn to eat dust the rest of his life? (Genesis 3:14)
d) the serpent
2. Reuben took his father Jacob's concubine for himself. what did this cost him?
a) a curse of impotence
b) the birth of a wayward son
c) loss of his preeminence as oldest son
d) loss of his life
3. While blessing most of their brothers, Jacob cursed Simeon and Levi and foretold the scattering of their descendants. Why? (Genesis 49:5-7)
a) their disrespect for him
b) their anger and cruelty
c) their sexual sins
d) their treatment of Joseph
4. True of False: Old Testament law placed a curse on anyone who moved a neighbor's property markers. (Deuteronomy 27:17)
5. Who proclaimed a curse against any man who rebuilt the city of Jericho? (Joshua 6:26)
6. For embezzlement, Elisha cursed his servant Gehazi, as well as Gehazi's descendants, with _________. (2 Kings 5)
c) weak hearts
d) lives of tilling the earth for cruel masters
7. In Isaiah, the Lord vowed that the wicked: (Isaiah 48:22)
a) would be doomed to unquenchable thirst
b) would serve the just
c) would serve the poor
d) would have no peace
8. Because of this prophet's wayward teaching, God through Jeremiah condemned him to a quick death. (Jeremiah 28:15-17)
9. What city did Jesus say would face worse punishment than Sodom because it ignored His mighty works there? (Matthew 11:23-24)
10. Jesus cursed what kind of tree? (Matthew 21:18-19)
d) He didn't curse a tree. He cursed some of a tree's fruit.