Sunday, January 22, 2012
"Bible Challenge - "LEADERS" Part 2
Good Evening to All!
1. Who was the first king of Israel? (1 Samuel 10:17-24)
2. Which king led the defeat of the Philistines and brought the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? (2 Samuel 6:1-15)
3. Which of David's sons temporarily seized the palace from his father in a coup?
(2 Samuel 15-18)
4. How did it happen that Solomon rather than his older brothers succeeded David as king?
(1 Kings 1:29-30)
a) he was David's only legitimate son
b) he killed all his older brothers
c) Absalom, his only older brother who wanted to be king, died in a rebellion
d) David promised him the throne.
5. True of False: god proclaimed that Solomon would be the wisest person in all history.
(1 Kings 3:4-14)
6. Pleased with Solomon's request for wisdom, the Lord also gave him what two things he didn't request? (1 Kings 3:10-13)
a) a long life and many children
b) long life and many wives
c) wealth and honor
d) fame and glory
7. Over what kingdom was Jezebel queen?
(1 Kings 16:29-31)
8. True or False: Persian King Cyrus pillaged the Hebrews' temple. Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar restored it. (2 Kings 24:10-16, Ezra 1)
9. The fifty-five year reign of King Manasseh over the Israelites was most notable for its___________________.
(2 Chronicles 33)
a) rebuilding of Jerusalem
b) wicked return to Idol worship
10. Who sent Nehemiah to finish rebuilding Jerusalem? (Nehemiah 2:1-8)
a) King Artaxerxes
d) the apostle Paul