Sunday, January 1, 2012
Bible Challenge - "MORTAL'S MIRACLES"
Good Afternoon to All!
1. Who wielded a rod at the Lord's bidding and thereby turned Egypt's waters to blood? (Exodus 7:19-20)
2. After the plague of frogs, the Lord empowered Moses and Aaron to produce this affliction in Egypt. (Exodus 8:16-17)
3. At Joshua's request, what did God do to the sun in order to help the Israelites slay the Amorites? (Joshua 10:12-14)
a) made it rise three hours earlier than normal
b) eclipsed it.
c) made it shine hot enough to set the Amorites' leather battle dress aflame.
d) made it stand still for a whole day
4. What two Old Testament men of God brought corpses to life ? (1 Kings 17:17-24 and 2 Kings 4:8-35)
5. God empowered Elisha to part the River Jordan with _____________. (2 Kings 2:13-14)
a) a wave of his hand
b) a nod of his head
c) Elijah's cloak
d) two palm leaves
6. Jesus told His disciples they could perform miracles even more powerful than His own. But to do it, they would need ____________. (Matthew 21:21-22)
b) pure hearts
c) God's inspiration
d) guidance by the Holy Spirit
7. After Christ's ascension, what was the first recorded miracle performed by His disciples? (Acts 3:1-8)
a) Peter healing a blind woman
b) Peter healing a crippled man
c) John's inexplicable escape from Roman pursuers
d) John's inexplicable escape from Jewish leaders
8. True of False: Stephen was noted for the miracles he performed before his martyrdom.
9. Who was the man Peter cured of palsy? (Acts 9:32-34)
10. Who was the woman Peter raised from the dead? (Acts 9:36-42)
I would also like to thank those of you who were so sweet to offer comments of condolences about the loss of my friend. It has been a truly HARD few days, and I'm sure there will be many more to come while getting "used" to not being able to call her on the phone, buying her souvenirs from our trips, or our bimonthly trips to our favorite Mexican Food Restaurant on the day I clean her house. She was such a blessing to all she knew. Anyway, thank you so much.
I also hope that everyone had a safe and Blessed New year.
Good Night to All and May God Bless!