Monday, February 20, 2012
Bible Challenge - "SINS AND SINNERS"
Good Evening to All!
As I stated last night, I rearranged the Bible Challenge for tonight, so ...Lets Get Started!
1. How did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? (Genesis 19:24)
a) brimstone and fire rained from heaven
b) fire caused by internal rioting
c) pumpkin-sized hail
2. The story of the angels' encounter with wicked men in Sodom is told in Genesis 19. In Judges 19, we read an uncannily similar account of a drama that occurred at_____________. (Judges 19)
c ) Gaza
3. What infamous golden idol did Aaron create? (Exodus 32:1-4)
4. King David's firstborn and heir apparent, this young man fell victim to his own lust. (2 Samuel 3:2, 2 Samuel 13:1-33)
5. After King David conspired to have Uriah killed in battled so he could have Uriah's wife Bathsheba, who confronted David with his sin? (2 Samuel 12:1-10)
6. In order to obtain a a prize vineyard for her husband King Ahab, Jezebel had this landowner stoned to death on a pretense. (1 Kings 21:1-16)
7. "Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me." God convicted the Israelites of this through which prophet? (Isaiah 43:27)
8. John the Baptist chastised Herod for marrying _________. (Matthew 14;3, Mark 6:17-18)
a) his brother's wife
b) his own sister
c) his own first cousin
d) the wife of a Roman officer Herod had sent into exile.
9. This person's exotic dancing caused King Herod to have John the Baptist beheaded. (Matthew 14:3-11)
a) Herod's wife
b) Herod's sister
c) Herod's niece
d) Herod's army commander's wife
10. For a particular sin, Paul told the Corinthians to "deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh", in hopes that the person's spirit would be saved on Judgment Day. What was the sin? (1 Corinthians 5:1)
a) first-degree murder
b) any form of murder
c) adultery with the sinner's mother-in-law
d) taking the Lord's name in vain