Sunday, March 4, 2012
Bible Challenge - "SOLDIERS AND WARFARE" Part 3
Good Evening to All!
1. The wandering Israelites had a minimum draft age for their army. What was it, according to Numbers? (Numbers 1:3)
2. Old Testament law dismissed from military service any Israelites who:
a) was an only son
b) was engaged to be married
c) had served four years already
d) had fought in twelve battles already.
3. Before sending then into battle against the Midianites, God reduced Gideon's army from 32,000 to what number? (Judges 7:1-8)
4. Why did God radically shrink the size of Gideon's army? (Judges 7:2)
a) because their foes, the Midianites, were unfairly small in number
b) to emphasize how weak the Midianites were
c) to demonstrate that by using surprise, the Israelites could defeat any army, no matter what size
d) because He knew that unless the victory was miraculous the Israelites would credit themselves.
5. When the Benjamites were conquered after their travesty at Gibeah, they fled to the rock of _________. (Judges 20:45, 21:13)
6. This valley proved to be a disastrous place for the Lord's Old Testament enemies to engage in battle. (2 Samuel 8:13, 2 Kings 14:7)
a) Valley of Blood
b) Valley of Salt
c) Valley of Death
d) Valley of Sticks
7. When King Saul first went to war against the Philistines, hi army was not equipped with swords or spears. Besides Saul himself, what other Israelite warrior had these?
(1 Samuel 13:22)
a) his son Jonathan
b) David's father Jesse
c) David's older brother Eliab
d) Saul's armor bearer
8. When David appeared before him, the indignant Goliath cursed and vowed to _________. (1 Samuel 17:44)
a) quarter him and send the pieces to the four sides of the Sea of Galilee
b) throw his flesh to wild animals
c) send his head on a spear to King Saul
d) send him back to King Saul alive, but with no fingers or toes
9. What season of year did Old Testament kings typically go to war? (2 Samuel 11:1)
10. Which Psalm did King David write in exile during Absalom's coup?
Good Night All And May God Bless!