Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bible Challenge - "TEACHINGS" Part 2


Good Evening to All!

I don't know why, but this challenge seems familiar. I checked through my posts to see if I had already done it, but didn't find it, so I guess it is my imagination.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1. Psalm 134 directs what specific group of people to praise the Lord? (Psalm 134)

a) those in bondage
b) the Israelite nation
c) servants in the house of the Lord
d) young people

2. Proverbs 28 teaches that it's foolish to trust in your own __________. (Proverbs 28:26)

a) ability
b) wisdom
c) heart
d) strength

3. In the Beatitudes, Jesus said these people will obtain mercy.weight: bold;"> (Matthew 5:7)

a) those who are poor
b) those who are just
c) those who are obedient
d) those who are merciful

4. Jesus' warning about false prophets inspired the modern adage about _________. (Matthew 7:15)

a) the pot calling the kettle black
b) wolves in sheep's clothing
c) a stitch in time
d) a bird in the hand

5. Speaking of His second coming, Jesus said it would be prefaced by a time of "famines and pestilences, and ______________, in divers places." (Matthew 24:7)

a) floods
b) burning cities
c) earthquakes
d) hail storms

6. In John's Gospel account, the famous "ask and it shall be given" promise by Jesus is prefaced by a vital but often overlooked "if" condition. what is the requirement? (John 15:7)


7. In his letter to the Romans, Chapter 1, Paul explained that the just shall live by _____________. (Romans 1:17)

a) perseverance
b) faith
c) works
d) a peaceful river

8. The apostle Paul once likened Sarah's handmaid Hagar to ___________.
(Galatians 4:24)


a) Babylon
b) a martyr
c) the Tower of Babel
d) Mount Sinai

9. The apostle James warned that the tongue can be _____________. (James 3:8)

10. The apostle John wrote that "he that _________ not knoweth not God." (1 John 4:8)

a) loveth
b) repenteth
c) prayeth
d) none of the above


This last picture really hasn't much to do directly with this Bible challenge but I couldn't resist it. I was looking up pictures titled "poisonous words" and saw this. "EGO" or another word for self pride. People can say and do a lot of damage because of self pride or "ego". We must OVERCOME IT.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.comfree glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.comfree glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Good night to All and May God Bless!

1 comment:

Starry Dawn said...

Good Morning, Patti,
An Awesome message was included in today's post. I love it!!
I agree when you say about the words we use in every day language. At times, people may hurt so badly when they use bad language, expressions that may hurt worse than an arrow or a sharp blade. Bad language can cause everlasting sores and wounds in our emotions, in our spirits. The beatitudes are great source on food for thoughts. I sent several Emails on your way, but it seems that I am not getting a reply from you. I hope you are doing well. Yesterday, Sunday, it was my dear daughter's birthday. They had a big birthday celebration in New York with her children and her family. My daughter invited me to go to New York in the near future. So, I'll be going on my way to New York soon, dear Patti. I have already began to pack my suitcases. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your caring and loving heart with the world!! You are an awesome Christian friend, Patti. God may bless you, and those you love, Patti!!
All the best,
Poet & Song-Writer Starry.