Monday, April 23, 2012

"THE ROMANTIC LOVER"


Good Afternoon to All!

(1) Behold, you are fair my love! Behold, you are fair! You have dove's eyes behind your veil.
(2) Your hair is like a flock of goats, going down from Mount Gilead. Your teeth are like a a flock of shorn sheep, Which have come up from the washing, Every one of which bears twins,
And none is barren among them. (3) Your lips are like a strand of scarlet, And your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil Are like a piece of pomegranate.
(4) Your neck is like the tower of David, Built for an armory, On which hang a thousand bucklers, All shields of mighty men. (7) You are all fair, my love, And there is no spot in you.
(Song of Solomon 4:1-4, 7 NKJV)

WOW! Ladies, doesn't that passage just make you melt and blush with confidence? Doesn't it make you feel admired? Well, if we were back in Biblical times it would.

Men want to be romantic and please a woman with words of love, but men's ideas of "beautiful" and women's are quite different. "Hair like a flock of goats" to us as women says "scraggly and uncombed, but to a man who raises goats, would be perceived as "rich and pricey". Lips like a scarlet thread" to me would imply a thin red tight mouth, but men see costly red thread woven into soft fabric and identify the color and richness with lovely lips.

Cheeks like a pomegranate might sound like bright and blotchy to a woman, but to a man depicts the sweetness of a blushing bride. To a man, jewels on the neck resemble symbols of victory and shields of protection.

This passage on beauty reflects a man's imagery. What a man enjoys blends with his values. A man who likes fishing might think about his wife in terms of calm water, jumping fish, and a fine lure! god made women's and men's minds to think differently, but the bottom line is that the man finds the woman a beautiful and flawless creation of God. Rejoice when your man tries to state what he finds attractive.

I will definitely have to change my mantra to my hubby. I'm always saying "it's not what you say, it's how you say it. (His mentor is Don Rickles)! LOL! Anyway, I will appreciate what he says from now on, because he doesn't compliment with metaphors.

I understand what this writer is attempting to say, but at the same time, I will never complain about my hubby's way of complimenting me ever again! The only thing I usually get compliments on is my cooking, so I will gracefully accept and cherish them. Just because he says "Good Supper Hon!"

The answers to Last Night's Bible Challenge "Teachings Part 2" are as follows:

1. c) servants in the house of the Lord (Psalm 134)
2. c) heart (Proverbs 28:26)
3. d) those who are merciful ( Matthew 5:7)
4. b) wolves in sheeps' clothing (Matthew 7:15)
5. c) earthquakes (Matthew 24:7)
6. If ye abide in me and my words abide in you . . . " (John 15:7)
7. a) faith (Romans 1:17)
8. d) Mount Sinai (Galatians 4:24)
9. poisonous (James 3:8)
10. a) loveth (1 John 4:8)

Here's hoping you have a wonderful night and May God Bless!

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

Hi PJ, you are invited to follow my new blog

Frank E. Blasi said...

Your writing flows like a mountain stream sparkling in the sun, cascading over the rocks, refreshing all that grows alongside and bringing delight to all who delight in the Heavenly realm.