February is the "month known for the holiday of "commercializing "love". The stores will be bombarding us with greeting cards speaking of love, all kinds of candy, stuffed animals and flowers. The jewelry stores will be plastering all of the television networks and newspapers with messages of how we women just can't imagine not having a new diamond ring or necklace.
The thing is I really don't care ANYTHING about any of those things. I would just as soon have my husband take me out to eat, or cook for me and wash the dishes. Anyone can go to a store and spend money, but to do something one doesn't really enjoy doing just to show their spouse that they love them is really special. Does that thought sound familiar? On a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH SMALLER SCALE of course.
And they spat on Him, and took the reed and began to beat Him on the head. And after they had mocked Him, they took His robe off and pout His garments on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him. (Matthew 27:30-31)
Saying we are sorry is a type of sacrifice, which is part of love. To admit falibility is a sacrifice. We are all human, we ALL make mistakes. There is no shame in admitting it and to apologize.
The Answers to the Bible Quiz of this past Friday are as follows:
1. c--Establish churches in every land (Matthew 28:18-20)
2. c--David (1 Samuel 21:4-5)
3. b--Is for us (Mark 9:40)
4. b--A woman poured expensive perfume on Jesus' head (Mark 14:3)
5. c--Caiaphas (Matthew 26:57)
6. d--Only the Father (Matthew 24:36)
7. b--Which of them was most important. (Mark 9:34)
8. a--Get behind me, Satan (Matthew 16:23)
9. d-- All of the above (Mark 7:33)
10. c--Ritual hand washing (Matthew 15:2)
Good Night to All and May God Bless!