Good Evening to All!
1. Acts 15 records a council meeting where the Jerusalem church leaders met with missionaries Barnabas and Paul to discuss church policy. What was the main issue? (Acts 15:6-19 NIV)
a. Whether they should continue to collect money from the churches they visited
b. Whether Gentile believers should be required to convert to Judaism
c. Whether they should take the gospel west of Rome
d. Whether to reprimand the youth minister for his crazy antics
2. Before going on a second missionary journey, Paul and Barnabas split up. What was the issue? (Acts 15:37 NIV)
a. Barnabas wanted to take Mark with them; Paul didn't
b. Barnabas wanted to go to Cyprus; Paul wanted to go to Rome.
c. Both wanted to be the main speaker of the group.
d. Barnabas thought Paul had bad breath.
3. In 1 Corinthians, Paul spoke harshly against a church member who was acting scandalously. What does he say in 2 Corinthians about him? (2 Cor. 2:7 NIV)
a. Haven't you thrown him out of the church yet?
b. Be careful that he doesn't influence the rest of you with his sin
c. Now it's time to forgive him and comfort him.
d. You'd better make peace with him before he sues you.
4. What everyday vessels did Paul compare our bodies to?
(2 Cor. 4:7 NIV)
a. Wooden rowboats
b. Pitchers of water
c. Jars of clay
5. In Galatians, Paul tells of a time he confronted Peter and criticized him. What had Peter done? (Gal. 2:14 NIV)
a. Exalted himself as leader of the church
b. Refused to eat with Gentiles when the legalists were present
c. Taught false things about Jesus
d. Forgot to take Paul fishing.
6. Finish this verse: “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. . .
(Eph. 2:10, NIV)
a. to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
b. for His pleasure, which we seek daily.
c. to praise him and fail Him, to cling to His grace.
d. to display the glories of His creative spirit.
7. What sound will accompany the Lord’s return?
(1 Thessalonians 4:16 NIV)
a. A commanding
b. The call of the archangel
c. The trumpet call of God
d. All of the above
8. Who should pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy?
(1 Timothy 2:8 NIV)
d. Pro wrestlers
9. Paul told Timothy to tell certain people “not to be proud and not to trust in their money”. Who was the message for?
(1 Tim. 6:17 NIV)
a. The Galatians
b. The false teachers
c. Those who are rich in this world
d. Fashion models
10. God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of what?
(1 Tim. 1:7 NIV)
d. All of the above
I hope you enjoyed this quiz and looking up the scriptures. It is my hope also that you may have learned something new, or recalled something that you may have forgotten from your earlier years.
I will be posting the answers tomorrow night.
Good night to All and May God Bless!