Saturday, February 8, 2014

"BLESSING IS GOOD ALL AROUND"

Good Morning to All!

I was reading my devotional for this morning, and yet the one that was for yesterday, seemed to resonate with me, “write about me too!” So, I will have two topics I want to speak about today. My first one is about “Blessing”.


“Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing: knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 3:9 KJV). I have to admit, I like the way the NIV states it because it seems more explicit. It tells us; Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing , because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.


My devotion read: Hang this word upon the wall of your soul: Bless. When you are harshly and unfairly criticized—bless. When you are overlooked and under-appreciated—bless. When you are intruded upon and insulted—bless. You will never regret responding to others' cruelty in a way that seeks to bless them, but you will certainly regret responding in like cruelty. As you respond by seeking to bless rather than blame or belittle, it will become obvious that you belong to Me (God) and that I am at work in your life, strengthening you for facing the assaults of the world. I would like to interject in this thought for a minute.  In this world and time, too many people automatically think of blessing as giving material things.  This is not always true.  Just as the above example is someone belittling you or you feeling under-appreciated,  say something positive to them.  According to Romans 12:19-20,

 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 

This not only takes your enemy "or the person who wronged you" aback, but we are doing God's will, as it is His place to punish not ours.

I have called you to a life of giving and receiving blessing. And when you live

God deals with me on this subject on a daily basis. We must remind ourselves that it is our “sinful human nature” that is dominant, so we must remember where we came from who created us and how Jesus would respond to these problems. We must look back at what He went through and how He responded to all of the cruelty, and strive to do the same.  


You may notice that I said “strive”. I have been told this analogy many times. We have “two dogs” living within us. One good and one evil. The one who is fed will overtake. Therefore, we must be diligent in reminding ourselves to “feed the good dog” and do what is right in God's eyes.

Keep in mind that if we do this, we will be rewarded or blessed either on this earth or in God's Kingdom. It is His call. I know that His Word says our treasures are laid up in heaven, but I have seen many blessings poured out on people for doing what they are supposed to do while on this earth.



A VERY GOOD FRIEND reminded me of this last night. I had pretty much stopped blogging because of some resistance, but this friend reminded me what was important. He reminded me that I am put on this earth to do God's Work, no matter what resistance I come upon. Therefore, I shall continue on “plodding” at my even pace, spreading God's Wonderful messages which He gives to me.

Thank you All for being patient with me and sticking with me. 


Have a Wonderful Day and May God Bless. 







Share/Bookmark

No comments: