Saturday, February 8, 2014

"GOD DESERVES 1ST PLACE IN OUR LIVES"

Good Morning again Everyone! 

First let me say, I couldn't resist this picture.  The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was "Let everything that hath breath, praise the Lord!  So adorable!

As promised. my next topic is from (Psalm 73:25 KJV)  Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

The devotion read” I have given you so much in this world to enjoy, and I'm so glad you take pleasure in it. What you genuinely enjoy reveals the deepest truth about you and matters forever. That is why I am giving you a heart to enjoy Me above All else. If you try to live the Christian life with all of the right beliefs and practices but with no real passion for me, you'll find yourself continually frustrated and unfulfilled. I want something better for you.


Having faith in Me is a good thing, but desire is the heartbeat of faith. Faith is power to enjoy Christ above all else, in the world. Faith is believing not just what I can do, but what I am worth.


I created you to glorify me by enjoying me above all else. I want you to desire me as an end in myself, not as a means to some other end. I will not be used. I will only be loved and enjoyed as the desire of your heart. I am claiming your heart as a sacred place of deepest love, where no one else may go.


This hit home with me. Not because I don't LOVE HIM, but it took me to places that brought to mind how I put Him “on the back burner” of my desires. I continually say I love Him, I continually profess my faith in Him, but in reality, where does He sit in my heart?


Rather than reading His Word, I play computer games, watch television, read other books (all though they are Christian and spiritual-growth) they are not the same as His actual Word.


I'm not saying we can't do other things, but we need to make sure that God is always first.  My Pastor who is a very wise man, said  that any time we place more value on something such as money, computer games television or such like than we do spending time with God, then "that thing" becomes our object of worship.  We would all do good to remember that.  These things are ok, but we need to keep our priorities in order.


Rather than spending a specific time in prayer, I spend time doing the things above and when I think about it I might say a prayer of thanks to Him. The only time I spend a length of time in prayer conversing with Him is for someone's healing. That is when I get totally serious. Why is that? Is it just because I know it is for someone else? Is it because I know He will do it for them, but I have doubts about myself? I don't know. These are the attitudes I need to change.  I need to come to God with all the vigor and zeal I have no matter what  the case.  Whether it is praying for God to guide me through the day with my decisions (which we all should do), praying for our country which is definitely in dire need of prayer, praying for my own healing, or someone else's needs.  They all carry the same weight and should be taken seriously. 


We should also take our praise and worship to Him seriously.  For He sees and hears everything we do.  He inhabits our praises, so the more we praise Him, the closer He will feel to us.  (Think about that for a minute).  We need Him in Every Aspect of our lives, and if we continually have a prayerful spirit, praise Him for all He is and all He does, just think how close we would feel to Him!

The point that I am trying to make about this devotion is that we need to remember WHO He is, Who created us, What He did for us and be thankful. We need to give Him our love, our thanks and our devotion.


We need to put Him back on the FRONT BURNER of our thoughts, our priorities, our love and our desires. As He stated in His Word, the order of our priorities should be GOD FIRST, family second and everything else will fall into place.


If we will just remember this and put this into practice, “our world” will be a much better place to live in.


Have a Wonderful Day, and May God Bless!




 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: