What are "giants" in our lives you may ask. Giants are problems or situations that we fear, or have
trouble overcoming in our lives. How do we deal with them? We turn them over to God. That's what we do. He is bigger than any problem or situation which we may encounter. He does not say in His Word that He will keep us from having to face them, or deal with them, only that He will be there to help us. Running from our problems is not the answer. David did not run from the giant Goliath. He knew that God was with Him, just as He is with us. As long as we have faith that God will see us through our troubles we will be overcomers.
- Truth--Put on the belt of truth. God is truth and no deception abides with His will.
- Righteousness--Put on the breastplate of righteousness. As we repent of our sins, Jesus forgives us. Only through Him can we live a righteous life.
- Peace--Put on the shoes of the gospel of peace. As we study God's Word and seek His will for our lives, He gives a peace beyond description. In turn, we can learn to carry that same peace to others.
- Salvation--Put on the helmet of salvation. According to God's Word if you will ask His forgiveness for your sins and repent by turning away from sinful ways, you can know for sure with your heart and mind that you can count on God's salvation. By repenting, you are turning your life around and living FOR Him. This is the true way to journey toward Salvation. and being saved. I cannot in all good conscience say Once saved always saved, or that being saved is an "event". It is a lifestyle. Being saved is a lifetime journey. That is why even the Apostle Paul said "I die daily". He knew that it was and still is a lifetime journey. God said "be ye holy as I am holy. In other words we must STRIVE for perfection (or completeness) which is a journey. We must be diligent not to let the devil creep in with his subtle ways. That is how he gets people. A tiny bit at a time. That way, they don't realize what is happening before it is too late and he has them sucked into sin again. Be watchful.
- Faith--Put on the shield of faith. Because of His promises to us, because He first loved us, and we belong to Him, we can relax and know that He has our backs. We can know that He will be there to help us through anything, as long as we listen to Him. All we have to do is ASK HIM. This is where so many people mess up. They don't understand that He expects us to ask for His help. He will not intrude. He does not force His way into our lives. He wants to be invited. Therefore if we need His help, even though He already knows what we need, He wants to be asked. We have not because we ask not. That is what He tells us directly.
- God's Word--Put on the sword of the spirit. God's Word--your Bible. Read it often. Carry it in your car, your briefcase, backpack, purse anywhere that it can be handy to pull out and call on God for strength and direction. Keep it especially in your heart. If we read it often, it will seep into our hearts and we will be able to recall scriptures as we need them.
The answers to the Bible Trivia Questions from my Previous post below are as follows:
Rings On Their Fingers:
1. The Pharaoh (Genesis 41:42)
2. The parable of the prodigal son (since the son was given a ring by his father upon returning home)
3. Haman (Esther 3:10-13)
4. The king (Daniel 6:17)
5. As a freewill offering for the tabernacle (Exodus 35:22)
6. Mordecai (Esther 8:2-13)
1. John the Baptist (Matthew 3:4)
2. Saul (2 Samuel 1:10)
3. Joseph (Genesis 42:42)
4. The Israelites (Deuteronomy 29:5)
5. Joseph's (Genesis 37:3)
6. The high priest (Exodus 28)
7. Job (42:1)
8. Jacob (Genesis 27:16)
9. The Midianites (Judges 8:24-26)
10. The "princes of the sea" (Phoenicians) (Ezekiel 26:16)
I hope you did well, and maybe remembered or learned something new a long the way.
Have a wonderful night! May God Bless,