Thursday, October 22, 2009

Getting God's Advice

Be GLAD in TRIALS!!Image by Jeanette's Ozpix via Flickr

"Daily Inspiration from the NIV "

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 29:11-14


God made Christ who had no sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21

Good Evening to All!

This "Daily Inspiration" brought to mind a saying I once heard. If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans. This is one reason it is always good to pray before making any important decisions, or even daily ones. It took me quite a while to learn that, and I still sometimes forget, that is until it is too late and I have already botched things up.

I can't count the times when I just barreled ahead with certain plans or projects I wanted to do without consulting Him. Unfortunately the majority of the times I did, they backfired big time. Something would always go wrong. God knows everything from the past to through the future. He always knows what's best because He can see our future. A lot of times what we do "now" may not have an effect for months or even years to come, but it will have an effect. Therefore, it would be to our advantage to have "someone" in our court that knows what kind of effect our actions will bring in the future. God's plans are ALWAYS for the good of things, so if we consult Him by praying before making decisions, then whatever we do will turn out for the best, even though we may not like what God chose for us, it is always for our good.


<3 Image via Flickr

I have a question. If God can create things such as beautiful as this rainbow, or mountains, what makes us think that He can't be the "author of the best-laid plans? Personally, I would rather He make all my decisions for me. Unfortunately, I have a husband that likes to do that too! Ha. No, really I have a very sweet hubby, and he doesn't like to make decisions either, but he also doesn't like anything or anyone else in control. I know, that doesn't make sense, but that's what happens when you have 2 very indecisive adults in a family. If we had children, no telling how they would turn out with the mixed signals we give off. Anyway, back to my point. God knows all, sees all, and can do anything. We would be very wise to let Him have the reins.

I try to ask His advice on everything I do, and also I do everything in His name, such as when am on my way to clean a house, I thank Him for the job, and ask Him to help me to clean it to the best of my ability in the Name of Jesus. When I do this, everything seems to run much smoother and my back doesn't hurt near as bad.

Changing gears for a moment, I would like to ask your help. I have been noticing that when I type a post with quite a lot of substance i.e. Bible Seeds, the post on Personalities, my articles and such I don't seem to get as many comments. I have been doing the posts this way because I don't have Book Reviews, Give Aways, or Advertisements to use in my posts yet. Therefore, if I don't do these things I mentioned, my posts Might be one or 2 paragraphs at the most, unless we go on a trip.

I do have other interests such as latch-hooking, crosswords, and fishing, but these days, my interests are so split I don't have time to do them all, and besides, they wouldn't make for a good post. My most prominent interests are church, Curves, and cleaning houses, and church. ( People wonder why I like writing "Bible Seeds " and the like). Did I mention I like church? I have been trying to read a couple of books that Nessa loaned me but every time I start reading, I get interrupted so it's taking me forever to get through with her books.

I was going to start Act111 which is an online Evangelism course, but our doctrines are so different, I didn't know if I would get in trouble for not "teaching" their doctrine. I e-mailed them and explained my churches doctrine, and asked them, but I haven't heard back yet. I think that will be very enjoyable and fulfilling if I am able to take this course. I don't feel called to Evangelize, but I think it would help to increase my "witnessing" skills as well. That I would like to do.

Just remember, to have your plans to be successful, ask God to be part of them. Ask Him what His plans are for you and then make your plans to fit His. They Will be successful. I

I also wanted to let you know that Danny Wayne King is doing a lot better. He does have some brain damage, but is starting to recognize people. He is having to learn to feed himself all over again, but I have NO DOUBT that God will heal him. Thank you for adding him to your prayers. I would like to ask you to take notice of my Prayer Line. There has been some new additions to the list. I appreciate your help in adding these names to your personal prayer lists, as I know that God answers all prayers, I also believe that there are strength in numbers, so all prayers appreciated. As Prayers Go UP, Blessings Rain Down. Thank you again.

Good Night All, and May God Bless!

PJ

4 comments:

lynette355 said...

pj, most bloggers just share their day to day lives. some days are funny, others sad and many ho-hum. but we try and put out a spin or new look on things.
also post can be short or long. a pic and a few words or lots of info. your choice.
my advice...make it yours! have it be your voice. type the way you talk. we all love your bubbly personality at curves.
and see if you can find a way to share your skip too!

Anonymous said...

This is something I have learned from our current church. They have put more focus on this than any I know. "Lord willing" based on the passage in James talking about making plans and how we should always say we will do such and such a thing if the Lord wills. This mindset as helped me many a times when things do not work out like I want them. Big or little, it will only come to being if it is in God's plans.

About few comments. I may or may not have said this. Comments are nice, but they do not make or break a blog. I hope you are doing this because you want to, or you feel the Lord wants you to, not because of comments.

I will admit, there are times I do not comment, because I disagree and am not sure how to phrase this without hurting you. I want my comments to be done in love, not in the spur of the moment. Often times, I have something typed up in the comment form, but because I don't have the time to put more thought into it (remember I homeschool and we are having church here this month), I just close the form without submitting it.

About your Prayer list, I cannot see it. What site hosts it and I can see if my ad blocker has done something.

Anonymous said...

I think I am a very spiritual person. Spirit can go a long way.

Nessa said...

PJ, comments will come. I will say that one or two paragraphs is not a bad thing. In fact when I get long winded on my blog, I see less comments. Keep in mind that most people have pretty short attention spans. Of course it's your blog, so write what you want. Comments can be sporadic at times.

Also, as the commenter above said, it may be that others don't agree with some of what you are saying. I would much rather people not comment than get ugly, you know what I mean? Not that disagreement will necessarily lead to things getting ugly in comments, but I've seen it happen. It's hard to know how to "take" someone's word when it's written, Hope that makes sense.