Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nashville Post

Hey Y'all!
I am so glad that I didn't put all my eggs in one basket when I wrote about our Tennessee trip! I knew I had a reason for saving these pictures. This part of the trip was only for one day and one night. We saw pretty much all that we wanted to see the first day, then my hubby started getting really tired, so about 3 pm we called it quits and tucked in the hotel room except for supper. I haven't mastered the art of describing the pictures as I place them, so I hope you will bear with me. I think this top picture is pretty self-explanatory as it is me standing by the Country Music Hall of Fame Wall.


This one in the upper left is an overhead banner we had to walk under to get from the lobby into the actual "museum". I liked it because it was so colorful.

This photo unfortunately turned out a little blurry, but you can still see that these are gold records from the ceiling (HIGH) to the floor. Believe it or not the whole trip I was able to get 3 pictures of my hubby. 2 with his back to me and one sitting across from me in the train ride in Chattanooga. Oh well, I can see him anytime, huh? Let me tell you when some one says something is larger than life, from now on, this is the first thing tht will come to my mind, other than God I mean. He is always first in my book.

I wonder how many of y'all remember or know who Bill Monroe is. He is big into blue grass. Any blue grass fans out there? I must confess, I didn't know who he was until my husband and one of my best friends told me. Not only that, but the closest I've come to blue grass is "Dueling Banjos". I have listened to some blue grass since I met my friend Neita. She has some really neat blue grass gospel music. To your left we have my one of my favorite singers of all time, Tennessee Ernie Ford. Am I dating myself yet? There's just something about his "rich deep" voice that makes me melt.

Ok, let me say that they had many more things in the Hall of Fame other than records and plaques. They had some of the women's clothes like Cousin Minnie Pearl, Dolly Parton's dress, guitars of different singers and so on. They even had Elvis Presley's "gold" caddy, which I though was funny because it was white with gold trim. I was told they do however have a real gold caddy at Graceland Museum. The Hall of Fame was 3 floors tall, so I couldn't begin to show you all of the pictures we took. I will save the Recording Studio B for another night, as I have to get up and clean a house tomorrow. Maybe I'll have an interesting story to tell tomorrow as it is the gentleman who is the WWII Vet. He always has interesting things to say. Too bad I only clean every other week for him.
I have always had a fascination for odd-shaped buildings. This
building is the AT&T building in Nashville. (The Tall one). Can you see anything in this building? When I was a kid and even now if I'm bored I like to look at the clouds and see what shaped I can see in them. Does this building resemble "Batman" to anyone? LOL! There goes my imagination.
Well, on that note I'd better call it quits and get some shut-eye as the house I clean tomorrow definitely gives me a "work-out". I guess that means I'll get a double work-out because I also go to Curves in the morning before I clean.

Good night and May God Bless!


PJ




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol!


Sounds fun!



So your email still isn't showing up through your profile when you comment to me. It was for a bit and now it's not again?

Oh yeah, blogger is a finicky thing. Sometimes they like to make your followers disappear for a day and then reappear. No idea why.