Sunday, October 4, 2009

Preachers, Computers and Sunday School Teachers, Oh My!

Sower - RootedImage by madison.murphy via Flickr

Hello Everyone!

I must concede, I had to do a little Bible researching tonight on this scripture. I couldn't figure out what it meant for the life of me. I did some research and found out it was talking about when Christ was to ascend up into heaven. In case your wondering where I got my information, it was John 7:34. More verses were Matthew 5:25, ( this one I didn't understand the correlation because it talks about having enemies) and Matthew 25:11 and many more. At least I figured out what it meant. As far as this picture, it caught my eye, because this is exactly what I want to do. If I can be a "rooted sower" and sow some seeds to think about amidst all of my rambling, I will feel like my blog is doing what it is meant to do. I know I ramble a lot, but I feel that it does more good to talk about Christian things, the Bible and such in a conversation rather than in preaching mode. For one thing I don't know enough to be a preacher, and besides that , I know how it feels when people come at you "hard-lined". I didn't like it when my family did it to me, so I try not to do it to others. (Sometimes, I have to catch myself and bridle my tongue). I don't want to scare anyone away from God if they're on the "fence". Anyway, that was my reason for picking out this picture. The title of it was "rooted sower".

I was sure hoping I'd get to show you that video tonight, but still haven't figured it out yet. I understand how to do it if its in my Video folder, but not from an email. I thought I could save the e-mail to my video folder, then upload it from there on to my blog, but no such luck. Let's face it. I'm back in the dark ages when it comes to computers. Especially this kind of stuff. If there is anyone that knows how to do it, or even if it's possible, please let me know. I want to show this to y'all so bad I can taste it, but I hate to keep messing with it if it's not possible to do.


Nothing exceptional happened today. We did have a really good church service though. I don't mind when they last until almost 1:pm, because Brother Hardin definitely knows how to bring God's Word! He is really an exceptional preacher and Adult Class Sunday School teacher. Our church has been very blessed with our Pastors I've only been here for the past two, and they have both been mighty men of God. I am so glad that God led me to this church. I have grown so much as a Christian these last 8 years. I was going to church before, but I was "just getting my feet wet", I guess you could say. When I came here to Comanche is when it seem like everything really kicked in and the light bulb came on. I'm sure glad it did! Especially with everything that's going on in the world now. We are definitely in a big shift. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't keep telling myself that God is in Control,I would be scared to death. Oh well, that's just me thinking out loud.

I hope I start having better luck with my comments section. For some reason, it isn't working correctly. I was told that my last few comments haven't had my email or profile linked up through my name in your email. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I'm hoping it was the way I was putting in my comments or something. I would hate not to receive y'all's comments. I really enjoy hearing from you.


Good Night All and May God Bless!

PJ

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]





No comments: