Friday, November 6, 2009

Guidance



Good Evening to All!

First of all, I hope that y'all visited the link in the post below. I used it as a tribute for those in the military abroad and the soldiers and civilian who lost their lives and were injured in the
Ft. Hood shooting.

The Verse above according to the Amplified Version is stated like this:
Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will(of His plan, of His purpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed and set forth in Him, (10)[He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth.

Tomorrow's (11:00 pm--11:00pm)

1 Timothy 2 (NIV)
Instructions on Worship

1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
The Amplified Version states these verses as such: First of all, then, I admonish and urge that petitions, prayers intercessions, and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men, (2) For kings and all who are in positions of authority or high responsibility, that [outwardly] we may pass a quiet and undisturbed life [and inwardly] a peaceable one in all godliness and reverence and seriousness in every way.
************************************************************************
************************************************************************

I always knew prayer was important, and that God answered prayers, but I didn't know the magnitude of the importance of prayer in my life until I became filled with the Holy Ghost. This is as recent as the year 2000. I wish I had been approached a lot sooner about this new found guidance system. Since then, I have made it my mission in life to become closer and closer to God. To do this, I have had to get serious about my prayer life and my relationship with Him. He's not some intangible "being" that will send me to "Hades" if I'm not a good person. I can feel His presence when I "talk" to Him, I can hear His still small voice in my spirit guiding me in every thing I do and say, (if I heed His voice and not ignore it). Unfortunately, every once in a while I tend to want to do things my way, and make a mess of things. If I pray for guidance before I do anything, things tend to work out a lot better. I'm not saying that I'll get my way in all things, but things run a lot smoother and He helps me get through all the rough spots.

Next time you feel like your at your wit's end, ask the Holy Ghost to give you guidance and see how much smoother things go for you. speaking of wit's end, are you aware that this phrase is in the Bible? It is Psalm 107:27. I thought that was a neat little tidbit. I have read the Bible through several times, and never noticed it.
Right now, I am reading a book called Unexplainable by Don Cousins. It is an excellent book. He talks about putting into practice things which would help us to attain true happiness and contentment with "God behind the wheel." We all say at one time or another I wish God would do this, or give me that.. well, if we put things into practice like prayer, truly believing that He would do it, and other practices, things would begin to happen for the better. Some examples are : Rejoice in the Lord, Pray about everything, Celebrate Thanksgiving Every Day, embrace God's truth, and Practice these things. I tell you, if you can get this book, I highly recommend it. The above mentioned was Part One, Part Two is Unexplainable Success, Three is Unexplainable Significance, and part 4 is From Explainable to Unexplainable.
My hubby and I had to go to Temple yesterday for a VA appointment, and I started reading it on the way up there. I could hardly put it down. I have enjoyed it immensely.
I would imagine I'll be reading a lot more in the coming couple of weeks, as on the 17th of November, we're headed to Branson, and I'll be reading while hubby drives. I don't drive with him in the car, because he's too bad of a back-seat driver and makes me too nervous. I'm scared to death he'll cause me to have a wreck one day if I drive while he's in the car.
Well, my eyelids are getting so heavy I can hardly keep my eyes open, so I guess I'd better close for now.
Good Night All, and May God Bless!
PJ

1 comment:

lynette355 said...

you should have a wonderful vacation enjoy