Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tribute to the Fallen

Good Evening to All,

I am going to make this a relatively short post tonight in hopes that after reading this prayer, and hearing this tribute to our soldiers and "Heroes" that you would please spend a few minutes in prayer not only for the military that are already over in Iraq, but also those who are going, and Especially for those families who lost loved ones today in the Fort Hood "massacre." I use the word massacre because according to the news No one was allowed to carry guns on base except for certain people, none of which were the innocent soldiers gunned down. Also, they said this was the worst shooting incident since 1991 at Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, which is fairly close to Fort Hood. From what the was on tv, it was because a "soldier was having issues about going to Iraq. I didn't catch all of the story, but he's getting his wish, he will probably either spend a very long time in prison or get the death penalty as many people as he killed.

Dear Father, I pray that you will be with the families of the precious soldiers which were senselessly taken from us today. I say "taken from us" because even though most of us didn't know these people they were willing to go to Iraq and fight for us. In a sense they were our family also. Lord, I ask that you comfort these families in their time of sorrow.

At the same time Lord, I pray that you will be with the "gunman's" family. I am sure that they are going to have to contend with a lot of problems, even though they had nothing to do with what happened. Keep them safe from the undercurrent of turbulence that will more than likely come about due to one man's emotional problems. God, I pray that you will keep a lid on the problems which can arise from a situation like this. Violence begats violence, and there has already been enough tragedy. I ask this is Jesus' Name. Amen.

The following is a Military Tribute by the Ten Tenors. I've listened to this over and over and it touches me every time I hear it. I hope it will touch you in the same way.
I tried and tried to upload the video on my post, but after 21/2 hours gave up and linked it. Please click on it. I have turned off the comment option to this post only for tonight and up until tomorrow's post to honor the fallen soldiers at Fort Hood due to this senseless act of violence. According to the news there was 13 dead and 30 wounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-0mdEg0U4

God Bless our troops.

Good Night and May God Bless.

PJ